6 + 2 Point Deductions

Think we'll get 1 more point but that'll be it for this season. Some farce of a process though.
It’s all a mess now and impossible to predict. Probably all comes down to the scale of the breach now.

For me if the total of our two breaches doesn’t exceed Forest’s one breach (ie we are 14 under or less on charge two) it becomes hard to justify a second points sanction. Certainly not if we’ve reasonably co-operated.

But I’ve lost all faith in a consistent process.

What's really nauseating is all of the so-called journalists who fancy themselves as guardians of the soul of the game see nothing wrong with the very different way we have been treated.

I don't want to listen to a word of outrage when City win everything. In fact, I hope they do.

I am a glass half empty man but I think this is a good verdict for us. I think worst case scenario for us is now 4 points. Luton are our primary opponent in the fight for survival not Forest

It is even more absurd when you consider they won a game on the 18th of August with Johnson playing vs Sheffield Utd. They needed to sell him by the 30th June to be compliant btw, they fully co-operated though lol

I’m sympathetic to Forest in this case, because it shows how ridiculous and anti-competitive PSR rules are.

Reporting deadlines should be in line with transfer windows, otherwise if clubs are forced to sell players early and probably lose out on income, it shows how PSR is less about economic sustainability and more about weakening smaller clubs, forcing them to sell star players at knock-down prices.

I’m sympathetic to Forest in this case, because it shows how ridiculous and anti-competitive PSR rules are.

Reporting deadlines should be in line with transfer windows, otherwise if clubs are forced to sell players early and probably lose out on income, it shows how PSR is less about economic sustainability and more about weakening smaller clubs, forcing them to sell star players at knock-down prices.

You can't really do that either.

If you move the FYE to 8/31, you're including one month of revenue and expenses in the prior season.

I'm also unsympathetic as they knew the rule and knowingly broke it.

I am a glass half empty man but I think this is a good verdict for us. I think worst case scenario for us is now 4 points. Luton are our primary opponent in the fight for survival not Forest
It’s very good for us, but Forest have been unlucky that they have actually tried to make more money to help the books, but are penalised for it.
I know it was against rules/timescales etc but I doubt this is what the rules were introduced for in the first place all those years ago.

A club statement asking a list of questions
1. comparison with Forest % breach vs points with ours
2. this new inference that Everton acted in bad faith despite what OUR report said
3. PL asking for max 8 for Forest and max 12 for us, why?
4. Call for all points deductions to be scrapped until a consistent approach is agreed
5. Since the PL can’t have fairness/ consistency through non-homogeneous committees, a call for an independent regulator