6 + 2 Point Deductions

I haven't said Forest's breach is better, worse, the same or anything else. I don't know the facts, or anything that was discussed at the hearing. But in your argument, you do.

The facts are Everton got a 10 point deduction, and the consequences that come with carrying that for most of the season, reduced to 6 points for a 19.5m breach which wouldn't have occurred without a new stadium build.

Forest have also breached, and according to credible reports, to a greater value than Everton's, with less mitigation. Everton's mitigation included things like Russia's invasion of Ukraine and all our sponsorship going with it. The Johnson mitigation is them saying "we decided to put two fingers up to your deadline, play the player beyond that deadline to ensure a sporting advantage and risk player injury etc by selling him on the last day"

If they're rejecting Everton's mitigation - including the forced, early Richarlison sale to meet deadline, then there's no way on gods earth they [should] accept Forests.

Forest are lucky with timing - Everton's was a day before Masters was at Parliament trying to fend of as much regulation as possible.

In my opinion, the Premier League wont want the headlines around appeals/going beyond the season and the chaos it causes in the run in.

The whole thing is a farce - I hope Forest stay up at Lutons expense.

The whole idea that in order to achieve a fairer league you restrict the spending to a proportion of income is seriously flawed. I do agree that something needs to be done that gives all clubs a sporting chance of success by limiting the excesses of the very top of the pyramid but to introduce a system that enshrines the status quo and dress it up as a solution is hypocritical. Unfortunately I think the genie is already out of the bottle, the big clubs are now too powerful to be controlled by national associations, if football is to be once again the national sport of the people then the issues have to be addressed by government, firstly we need oversight of the PL and then we need a system of rules and regulations that put the sporting element back into the league and cups as a whole. If that means the top six bugger off to a super league the so be it. Let’s be honest they are already in a super league, it is just that that super league exists within the PL. All other competitions, I.e. European Champion League, etc, and all international competitions should continue to operate but should exclude all teams and players operating in a super league. Any player wishing to return from the super league should have to serve a 3 year suspension before he is allowed to return. Once this is done then we should learn from our mistakes and ensure this paralysis of movement is not allowed to happen again and we introduce a system of oversight help clubs ensure they don’t fall foul of the rules.

So, so tired of all the bedroom accountancy and points deductions against flawed, unfair P&S rules that are only designed to keep the status quo and the e cartel happy.

I really don't want any club and their fans to have to go through what we have, but by the same token, I will be really frustrated if we are the only club to be treated as harshly hit as hard as we have been, for similar issues under the same rules.

It’s a complete farce when the likes or Chelsea and United can be billions in debt but still able to sign whoever they want and spend stupid amounts, just due to turnover.
As long as the "rules" apply to us, they HAVE to be applied to all others.

I have sympathy for Forest in that they are an easy target. But if we are being hammered for building a stadium and a variety of circumstances largely beyond our control (Player X, UK Govt sanctions), then deliberately holding back the sale of a player to the next reporting period seems even more intentional than our wink-and-nod opportunism. Yes, we bought players we shouldn't have if our situation was that serious (though it is arguable the PL changed that criteria mid-stream) - but Forest did likewise if they couldn't meet the PSR losses when holding on to Johnson.

Throw the book at them!

That said, it'll be a travesty if a club goes down on a points deduction.

The whole idea that in order to achieve a fairer league you restrict the spending to a proportion of income is seriously flawed. I do agree that something needs to be done that gives all clubs a sporting chance of success by limiting the excesses of the very top of the pyramid but to introduce a system that enshrines the status quo and dress it up as a solution is hypocritical. Unfortunately I think the genie is already out of the bottle, the big clubs are now too powerful to be controlled by national associations, if football is to be once again the national sport of the people then the issues have to be addressed by government, firstly we need oversight of the PL and then we need a system of rules and regulations that put the sporting element back into the league and cups as a whole. If that means the top six bugger off to a super league the so be it. Let’s be honest they are already in a super league, it is just that that super league exists within the PL. All other competitions, I.e. European Champion League, etc, and all international competitions should continue to operate but should exclude all teams and players operating in a super league. Any player wishing to return from the super league should have to serve a 3 year suspension before he is allowed to return. Once this is done then we should learn from our mistakes and ensure this paralysis of movement is not allowed to happen again and we introduce a system of oversight help clubs ensure they don’t fall foul of the rules.
It is stupid.
What is more stupid is that our club voted in favour.
It was Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Man Utd who pushed for it the most to prevent owners from investing big money. We happily obliged. If just one of the clubs who voted in favour hadn't, then it wouldn't have passed.

…..if the general consensus is that this process is flawed and the PL corrupt, then perhaps it’s hypocritical to hope for a big penalty for Forest. Human nature to want us to get out of this mess and a bigger Forest deduction than ours will help but we know the whole process stinks.

No it isn’t hypocritical at all. We’ve literally already been hit with a 6 point deduction, that’s not getting reversed. So now it’s time for consistency.