6 + 2 Point Deductions

From their forum:

“Historically clubs have only had fines (Leicester, Bournemouth & QPR spring to mind) for breaking PSR rules. Find it strange, since the Newcastle take over / threat of an independent regulator any breach is now a certain points deduction.

My opinion for what it's worth is punishment to fit the crime and as we have breached we do deserve to be punished. What I don't like is the impending automatic points deduction when I honestly think in our situation we did not gain a sporting advantage. Our team on promotion was worth about 50p and decimated when the loaned players went back. Yes we brought in a lot of players (i said at the time was to many) but we did offload a lot as well including the record sale of BJ which has apparently put us immediately back in the black. The issue is purely a timing one.

Compare this to Everton who took the piss for years, somehow managed to sweep 200+ million under the COVID rug. Sure I read the PL give them warnings & support/advice prior to charging them and they still breached 2 years running. I don't agree with point deductions full stop however the 2 cases are significantly different.

I'll stop now as I could moan forever haha”
When they get the verdict they’re going to make GoT look like the GM Vauxhall Conference of Heads Falling Off

If there is any mention of the Johnson profit being a factor we should be fuming. The PSR benefit of that comes in the 23/24 accounts, irrelevant to the assessment period but will help them in the final PSR assessment next winter (which should still happen). Be like us selling Pickford this June and claiming we no longer had a massive loss in 2021 because that was the plan all along, we were waiting for him to calm down so we’d get a bigger fee. That sort of bollox will have been floated by a Forest Esk wannabe in between explaining what amortisation means to their teary confused fans, racked with guilt for calling us cheats. Nonsense.

They should announce both penalties on the same day. The PL will ideally want agreed penalties with no appeal to avoid chaos at the end of the season. How can Forest agree not to appeal if they don’t know what penalty we get. Will be lots going on behind the scenes this time I reckon. If both clubs barter the deductions down to avoid appeals, makes our 1st charge stupid, and if we went down, I think we’d have to try and revisit that.

Any breach up to £20m Forest should get 6. If it’s something crazy, no reason not to go over 9 points. Sod the administration argument. Spending £50m+ over the limit entirely on squad strengthening is not a mistake, and you benefit in multiple years going forward. Massive points and transfer ban for an egregious breach

I worry their breach may be a lot smaller than people are thinking (i.e. guessing with no real science).

If there is any mention of the Johnson profit being a factor we should be fuming. The PSR benefit of that comes in the 23/24 accounts, irrelevant to the assessment period but will help them in the final PSR assessment next winter (which should still happen). Be like us selling Pickford this June and claiming we no longer had a massive loss in 2021 because that was the plan all along, we were waiting for him to calm down so we’d get a bigger fee. That sort of bollox will have been floated by a Forest Esk wannabe in between explaining what amortisation means to their teary confused fans, racked with guilt for calling us cheats. Nonsense.

They should announce both penalties on the same day. The PL will ideally want agreed penalties with no appeal to avoid chaos at the end of the season. How can Forest agree not to appeal if they don’t know what penalty we get. Will be lots going on behind the scenes this time I reckon. If both clubs barter the deductions down to avoid appeals, makes our 1st charge stupid, and if we went down, I think we’d have to try and revisit that.

Any breach up to £20m Forest should get 6. If it’s something crazy, no reason not to go over 9 points. Sod the administration argument. Spending £50m+ over the limit entirely on squad strengthening is not a mistake, and you benefit in multiple years going forward. Massive points and transfer ban for an egregious breach

I worry their breach may be a lot smaller than people are thinking (i.e. guessing with no real science).
I keep seeing this prevailing theory that they will somehow gift Forest a lighter punishment in exchange for them not appealing. It sounds like nonsense to me. These are serious processes and the decision made by the KCs will be based on rules and precedent, it's not a negotiation. If there was going to be a plea bargain there wouldn't be a hearing, that ship has sailed.

I think it's good for us that the cases are consecutive, in fact I think it's the only way it can really operate, if you had two simultaneous ICs they could diverge from each other, from precedent or even set competing precedents. Seeing what they rule on Johnson certainly helps us going in, if they are allowing post-FY transfers to be essentially backdated I don't know what would stop us backdating transfers of our own. We sold a number of players after 22/23 had concluded.