6 + 2 Point Deductions

I think that there is a little confusion over whether 6 points is the minimum. The principle is what is the minimum punishment required for the breach taking into account the circumstances of the case - it is not 6 points is the minimum full stop. In our case it was found to be 6 points and that is why we got 4 points back.

Our initial charge is now surely the precedent?

So if they've breached by more than the £20million odd we did, they must surely be looking at 6 points minimum.
Yes.

Precedent is a principle or rule established in a legal case that becomes authoritative to a court or other tribunal when deciding subsequent cases with similar legal issues or facts. The legal doctrine stating that courts should follow precedent is called stare decisis.

Courts of law will always use precedent as a legal basis and framework.

1710519473985.png

I think that there is a little confusion over whether 6 points is the minimum. The principle is what is the minimum punishment required for the breach taking into account the circumstances of the case - it is not 6 points is the minimum full stop. In our case it was found to be 6 points and that is why we got 4 points back.
Is more thay forest breach is meant to be more some have said so that is what i expect. Still think they could get 8 then have it go down to 6 if honest

What do they expect they will get.

On average they think 6 points would be harsh and want to be appealing about a 3 point deduction, not even convinced it will be a points deduction as there are “other sanctions” and their case is different.

They aren’t like us, who have worked with the PL for years, then took the piss with 200 mill Covid losses, then had another breach.

There’s was just a simple matter of timing.

What could go wrong.

Last edited:
What do they expect they will get.

From their forum:

“Historically clubs have only had fines (Leicester, Bournemouth & QPR spring to mind) for breaking PSR rules. Find it strange, since the Newcastle take over / threat of an independent regulator any breach is now a certain points deduction.

My opinion for what it's worth is punishment to fit the crime and as we have breached we do deserve to be punished. What I don't like is the impending automatic points deduction when I honestly think in our situation we did not gain a sporting advantage. Our team on promotion was worth about 50p and decimated when the loaned players went back. Yes we brought in a lot of players (i said at the time was to many) but we did offload a lot as well including the record sale of BJ which has apparently put us immediately back in the black. The issue is purely a timing one.

Compare this to Everton who took the piss for years, somehow managed to sweep 200+ million under the COVID rug. Sure I read the PL give them warnings & support/advice prior to charging them and they still breached 2 years running. I don't agree with point deductions full stop however the 2 cases are significantly different.

I'll stop now as I could moan forever haha”

I don't have a problem with us being punished. Anyone paying attention knew the Moshiri-Kenwright axis of self-serving, sentimental incompetence was running us into the ground.

My problem is the severity of the punishment and, most of all, the strong likelihood that none of the Sky 6 will ever face a similar fate. They'll make an example of us and use Forest as a convenient fig-leaf to cover themselves from allegations that they singled us out. But any organisation that approved the arrival of Mohammad Bin Bonesaw and his human rights abusers has no credibility when overseeing the sustainability of the game in England.

We're the biggest club in the league they could make an example of without damaging their "brand". We're patsies once more.