6 + 2 Point Deductions

Surely if they've agreed to change the rules based on all clubs from the league agreeing there won't be an substance to the charge
I think this is an odd argument. You get judged on what the rules are now. Not what they will be next season.
What’s clear is that we’d have breached this one’s too 2 or 3 years back.
We were a financial car crash!

Sadly, not a chance the “they are changing the rules next year so we should be exonerated for breaching the current rules in accounting periods going back 3/4 years that have already ended” argument works unfortunately.

They aren’t going to openly say the rules are broken, they are waffling about coming into line with UEFA. The new rules are equally bent and biased. They in no way make to current rules look unfit for purpose, they are just as bad, just different.

Plus, whilst some other clubs are under suspicion, there are still 15-20 clubs that have been in the PL over the last 4 years that haven’t breached and can prove it. Some have sold key players in order to remain compliant (even if they were sold at fake overinflated prices to Saudi). They won’t be giving an amnesty to the benefit of 4 or 5 clubs when a gang of over a dozen clubs will (rightly) claim they have made player purchase and sale decisions and limited their own progress to remain compliant. Talk of clubs not redeveloping stands because the temporary loss in ticket revenue might cause a PSR problem. The richest club on the planet now look very average and still have Eddie Howe in charge because they have had to slam on the brakes due to PSR. Can’t just say to those clubs sorry, it was all a waste of time, you should have spent whatever you wanted or redeveloped your stand because the rules are changing next year (albeit with a transition period).

We are relying on Forest getting a bigger penalty, double jeopardy and reducing trend in losses, and if that fails, our safety net is trying to win some footy matches. Heaven forbid.
I think it’s more about if clubs potentially breach for the year ending 30/06/24. Which is under the current rules. Will they get punished in the same way, or are they going to ignore it because the rules are changing.

I think we can take a guess what they will do.

Ive only seen Forest TV say potentially about tomorrow. Expect the result early April myself for them
I can’t imagine it’ll be tomorrow if their hearing was last week. Yes, the deliberation period will become shorter now there is precedent to work off but I imagine they’ll still have a few novel mitigations etc to work out.

Bearing in mind the appeal verdict was with us a full week for checking etc before release even if their lawyers get the verdict so quickly it’s unlikely to be released so quickly.

I think it’s more about if clubs potentially breach for the year ending 30/06/24. Which is under the current rules. Will they get punished in the same way, or are they going to ignore it because the rules are changing.

I think we can take a guess what they will do.
The rules are still the rules for 23/24 though. Assuming there are more clubs that don’t breach than breach I don’t see why the teams that don’t breach would allow any sort of amnesty for those that do, it’s not in the interest of the majority to do so and they would argue they have made the effort to comply so why let off those that haven’t.

There’s a chance if there is a significant number of clubs in danger of breaching for 23/24 they could try to force an amnesty in exchange for their votes but I think that’s unlikely.

Is the Forest case not a simple one? They overspent and they are claiming they did this to get maximum money for a player but they did breach.