6 + 2 Point Deductions

He made an assumption that playing staff wages accounted for 70% of the numbers but that% won’t be close to the number that some clubs spend. For instance some clubs outsource catering, stewards etc and show those costs elsewhere whereas some clubs keep everything in house some don’t pay any steward costs as they are part of the rental(WHU) they pay for the ground

Sorry mate - see that now. ;)

Will transfers do you know be net or ammortised?

The threshold for the PL might be as high as 85%, but more likely 80%, which would give the non European teams a 10-15%, higher allowance. I know their revenue is many % higher than that mind for equity to exist.

Let`s face it, PSR is a scam to relegate us.... simple as that.

This will be a massive opportunity Masters just can`t turn down.

I`m disappointed Everton didn`t take it further, in a real court of law none of the rules lead to points deduction, our weak club just accept it because they are just pathetic, and they`ll probably just accept the 2nd.

And they`ll even accept it if Forest get less for more....

As I said, I hope I`m wrong but listening to that Sports Barrister today has opened my eyes to the chance we could get hit again with another 6, that coupled with our bad run could take us down. No amount of sun is going to suddenly make Dyche a good manager and our strikers goalscorers.......
I read an article the other day that most PL clubs genuinely didn’t think any club would ever go over the limit indeed the PL rules are more generous than the UEFa version . But COVID ,the vast increase in utility and wage costs made things far tighter but when borrowing costs went up like a rocket many clubs that advanced cash flow mainly through commercial lenders like McGuire have tipped the balance significantly.

The panic button was well and truly pressed and with the suggestion that potentially as many clubs were struggling to stay under the £105 million but adding to that some owners because of their approach will actually be restricted to £15 million.

You and Forest have been well and truly screwed a whole set of circumstances came together and as they say caused a perfect storm.

Sorry mate - see that now. ;)

Will transfers do you know be net or ammortised?
Will be amortised figure plus impairment.

So squad costs will be wages+ amortised + agents fees.

The squad cost gets interesting because as I understand the UEFA model only includes the head coach.But will it include under 21s who don’t occupy a squad place?

Will be amortised figure plus impairment.

So squad costs will be wages+ amortised + agents fees.

The squad cost gets interesting because as I understand the UEFA model only includes the head coach.But will it include under 21s who don’t occupy a squad place.

Thanks mate. ;)

Not sure about Uefa but doubt the PL will mate, though they might do a home grown threshold bit as opposed to say a Cole Palmer.

Hate to say it but even if the rules change I think we’d struggle with legal action.

The PL defence that the rules were the rules and we admitted breaking them is hard to attack. Subsequently changing the rules, they’d argue, is just something that happens every so often and is no admission that the previous rules were unfair, just that it was decided to change them.

We all know that punishing us then changing the rules isn’t fair but I fear in a court you’d need much more than that to overturn rules that were known and agreed upon at the time.

Think it's more the fact they don't have concrete punishments in place which can be disputed. It's up to how they "feel" is an apt punishment to the crime. For eg they felt our initial breach was 12 points. Then 10. Appealed to 6.

The fact only 2 clubs will be punished by a set of rules that will now be defunct just gives me the impression the league could jusr slap boths clubs with a fine or ban, agree on a verdict, and draw a line under the sand with it. I don't think they'd want to drag things out until May which would happen with any point deductions.

I just think that they say give Forest 6 points and it relegated them they'll go guns blazing via any legal means.

When does anything good happen to this club? It is always worse case scenario....

The very fact we got a second charge in the same season demonstrates how poorly this club has been run, the last 8 years have caught up with us.

Can`t wait till the end of this season, hopefully we stay up but even then we could be going in to next season not knowing if or when we get new owners.

I just want it all to stop....

it doesn’t mate but we will support us no matter 💙