6 + 2 Point Deductions

Actually it is a big problem that other fans were cheering on the rules when we were being punished. We tried warning them that they’d be coming for them next, but they didn’t want to know.

Football fans generally have the IQ of a chimp. If fans in this country actually got together and stood up to the powers that be we could get an awful lot resolved. But people are only interested in sitting in their little tribes and laughing at others’ misfortune. Well if that’s the game they want to play then I’m happy to play along and laugh at them from the other side of the glass now.

I read the first paragraph and was going to reply with what you've said in the second half.

Once you get past the nonsense and the "idiots", the rest of the fans weren't mocking us, it's just so that we only see the idiots because they're the ones desperate to be seen.

But yeah, post is spot on. Couldn't agree more.

I read the first paragraph and was going to reply with what you've said in the second half.

Once you get past the nonsense and the "idiots", the rest of the fans weren't mocking us, it's just so that we only see the idiots because they're the ones desperate to be seen.

But yeah, post is spot on. Couldn't agree more.

I used to have the mindset that the health of the game was more important than petty tribal rivalry, but I’ve since learned that nobody else believes that so eff them all from now on.

I used to have the mindset that the health of the game was more important than petty tribal rivalry, but I’ve since learned that nobody else believes that so eff them all from now on.

Feel like the "Banter" has overtaken the love of football for many sides nowadays.

Hopefully the FFP punishments for others gives others some humility.

Found this on other forum:

The Economist published this article on FFP/PSR last week. It's behind a paywall, but they basically argued that FFP rules are both anti-competitive and unnecessary because they are designed to solve a problem that barely existed in the first place. I found these two paragraphs interesting:

"But a core trade-off remains: stability versus competition. By capping spending relative to club revenues, the rules limit the ways in which challengers can outmuscle richer incumbents. As a result an expensive but once-viable path to success has been closed off. Manchester City lost money for eight consecutive seasons between 2007 and 2014, before posting eight seasons of pre-tax profit from 2015 during which it won the league five times. Academics at Sheffield Hallam University have found that competitive balance deteriorated across the five largest European leagues after the introduction of FFP. Across all top divisions in Europe the number of different top-four finishers declined by 10%.

"Advocates for the rules emphasise the devastation for fans when clubs go bust. Bury FC, a stalwart of English football’s third and fourth tiers, collapsed in 2019 and now languishes in the ninth tier, even after a fan-funded rescue. But most insolvencies are more benign. Stefan Szymanski, a sports economist at the University of Michigan, has compiled data on every bankruptcy in the top four divisions since 1945 and found no club that had vanished entirely. England’s football clubs are remarkable examples of corporate longevity. “It’s hard to imagine any other industry where there were 100 businesses a century ago and they’re all still around,” he says."

In the end, it was a close-run thing. For the proposal to be passed, two-thirds (66.67%) of votes cast had to support the change. In the end, six clubs voted against and one club abstained meaning 68.4% voted for the change. The clubs that voted against the changes were:

Against: Man City, Fulham, Aston Villa, West Brom, Swansea, Southampton.

Abstained: Reading abstained

Everton voted for it.
images (6).jpeg

In the end, it was a close-run thing. For the proposal to be passed, two-thirds (66.67%) of votes cast had to support the change. In the end, six clubs voted against and one club abstained meaning 68.4% voted for the change. The clubs that voted against the changes were:

Against: Man City, Fulham, Aston Villa, West Brom, Swansea, Southampton.

Abstained: Reading abstained

Everton voted for it.

Turkey’s and Christmas comes to mind