6 + 2 Point Deductions

I see loads of people (mainly non-Evertonians, obviously) saying 'PSR is based on a rolling 3-year period so each yearly breach takes all three years into account!' which may be technically true, but is still completely daft. As you say - the basis of the first punishment is rooted in the combination of the first three years - if we were never truly given enough time to course-correct to bring Year 4 well down and in line with the PSR calc for the last 3 years then surely the next IC needs to consider that. There is also, of course, the fact that this latest commission went out of their way to outline that the club have been well aware for a while now that costs need to go down and there is ample proof of that.

If we get hit with an automatic 6 again for this second breach I'd be well pissed off - but I fear we may have to just get on with it.
iirc;
First offence; we were £19.5 million over on a 'sliding scale' which = -10 gross and eventually -6 net.
Second offence; how much are we over?
Where are we on that 'sliding scale'?

Where are Forest?

Nevermind City and Chelsea??

Not that this is on the Silk, but are we supposed to view the 4 points as some kind of victory?
It sort of is a kind of victory because it's a lot better than 10 points its important not to lose sight of the fact that we are actually guilty its not like we've been done for a crime we didn't commit we have very obviously breached the rules and have admitted as much. From reading the report it seems that we've been successful arguing the legal points but they're just not interested in hearing our excuses for it they're saying a breach is a breach and they don't care what caused it its still our problem. As long as they apply the same thing to everyone I don't really have a problem with that myself 10 seemed very unfair and like we were the only ones getting done but 6 and others getting the same treatment is a lot more acceptable if it happens.

Suspended punishments are usually given to people of previous good character as a warning to keep in line. I can’t see how you can go from a 6 point deduction for a first offence to a suspended deduction for a second.
I agree. I think most people have missed this point. If anything the penalty should be higher.

Maybe because actions have clearly been taken to cooperate with the premier league and reduce spending in the last few windows
This will certainly be the argument. This latest commission even briefly considered suspending the 6 points but ultimately decided against it. Wouldn't be surprised if the second breach resulted in a suspended deduction considering that we're clearly trending positively at this point.

What’s he on about? Cheats prosper? We’ve had a 6 point deduction, who are the cheats that are prospering? Apart from City and Chelsea obviously, if he’s referring to them. What an absolute mutant.
I must have missed the bit when City were found guilty. The amount of boiled piss when we get found innocent will be enough to drown merseyside.

We have been punished.

I can't see how we can get a further points deduction for the second charge.

We have reduced the wage bill and squad size and even from the original commision in November they made reference that efforts had been made in recent years by us.

22/23 season will again show we have reduced the wage bill again.

This will certainly be the argument. This latest commission even briefly considered suspending the 6 points but ultimately decided against it. Wouldn't be surprised if the second breach resulted in a suspended deduction considering that we're clearly trending positively at this point.
Yep definitely. Also, the commission yesterday set a precedent by aligning with EFL's structure, which doesn't allow double jeopardy. So based on that I'm quite optimistic about the 2nd charge.