6 + 2 Point Deductions

It is a total mess. Season will end with the third relegation team from PL not confirmed.

Might even end up with 21 team league next season while legal battles are fought.
Slightly off tangent here, but there was a bit of a precedent with close season shenanigans and the football league.
Think it was early nineties and featured a few clubs involving Swindon and Tranmere as well of a few others.
Can't recall the exact happenings but it was after the season finished when due to indiscretions by one of the teams they promoted Tranmere to the old second division and demoted another. Swindon I think got promoted to the top division. Appeals were made and Rovers got put back in the third division. So league balls ups are nothing new. Anyone else remember this?

but we will
I`m glad you are being positive but this week has broken me...

Palace at home, dreadful performance lucky not to lose to a virtual Palace reserve side, a massive missed opportunity.

Then Brighton away, that would have made up for the Palace game, Brighton down to 10 with 9 minutes injury time to see out but Dyche goes ultra defensive and concedes that win.

The points returned today is an insult and I hope the club take it further, but I bet they just take it.

And us as fans still have no clarity over ownership with more jarg rumours flying around and now we have to wait for the 2nd charge to see if we will even stay up in April....

Just want this season to be over with this club still in the PL. Can`t take it anymore!

Monday night numberwang with the Thumb.

IMG_4263.jpeg

Will be in for a shock then not sure how they cant understand this, we had to fight to get it down to 6. Is no reason they will be treated any different than us or it will open more trouble for the league with the second case for us.
i will tie myself outside the PL naked if we get more deducted

they don’t want that!

The mighty Luton are still 5 points behind little Everton even with a 6 point deduction

They messed up losing that game at home to Sheffield United, killed the momentum they were generating from beating Brighton 4-0 and being 4-2 up at Newcastle.

It changes the dynamics now as should be fine with a draw at Kenilworth Road and Dyche will be more than capable of setting the team up to achieve that...if not better.

Right, but the report states they’ve used the EFL’s framework so that does imply double jeopardy?

Also what does Forest being in the league for 2 years have to do with it?
One thing that's definitely going to prolong all the confusion is that the two different boards have apparently taken opposing actions relative to the EFL's framework, with the original commission explicitly stating that they were not using the EFL's framework to decide the 10 point deduction (nevermind that it came out the same), while this appeals board seems to make it pretty clear that they were fine with looking at the EFL's framework where applicable.

So it's hard to know which way the commission on the second charge will go. But which way they go on that point (how much to use the EFL framework) heavily influences the outcome.

A second charge wont stand on appeal, I think they dont even want to go down that route so they will drop the charge or the IC will. Its nonsense. I think some on here could be correct in that they will try and get Forest with 8.
Could get a fine or anything really if they feel like we have been punished enough with points. As the club have said we will all be watching close to see how they deal with forest

They messed up losing that game at home to Sheffield United, killed the momentum they were generating from beating Brighton 4-0 and being 4-2 up at Newcastle.

It changes the dynamics now as should be fine with a draw at Kenilworth Road and Dyche will be more than capable of setting the team up to achieve that...if not better.
They have a horrendous run in too, plenty of very difficult away games. We just need to do our job and win our home games (EASIER SAID THAN DONE)

I`m glad you are being positive but this week has broken me...

Palace at home, dreadful performance lucky not to lose to a virtual Palace reserve side, a massive missed opportunity.

Then Brighton away, that would have made up for the Palace game, Brighton down to 10 with 9 minutes injury time to see out but Dyche goes ultra defensive and concedes that win.

The points returned today is an insult and I hope the club take it further, but I bet they just take it.

And us as fans still have no clarity over ownership with more jarg rumours flying around and now we have to wait for the 2nd charge to see if we will even stay up in April....

Just want this season to be over with this club still in the PL. Can`t take it anymore!

every week everton break me mate lol wel be ok hopefully and of the field

keep the faith mate 💙

It does hold water because the argument is about being punished twice in the same season so punishing us last year and this year would be ok and this year and next year would be OK but deducting points twice in the same season for 2 different sets of accounts wouldn't be OK.
On both occasions the Premier League have followed their procedures so not sure about that argument to be honest. The fact that the clubs agreed to in-season determination for this season means that I can’t see it myself.