6 + 2 Point Deductions

A second charge wont stand on appeal, I think they dont even want to go down that route so they will drop the charge or the IC will. Its nonsense. I think some on here could be correct in that they will try and get Forest with 8.

so dan roan has said forest will be happy with today as they can get a lenient one

i mean wtf
Will be in for a shock then not sure how they cant understand this, we had to fight to get it down to 6. Is no reason they will be treated any different than us or it will open more trouble for the league with the second case for us.

Right, but the report states they’ve used the EFL’s framework so that does imply double jeopardy?

Also what does Forest being in the league for 2 years have to do with it?

His saying I think that we have losses over the limit for last season too which is mad considering who we’ve sold and how much the wage bill has decreased.

Be interesting to see what the figures are

Forest will likely be below Luton when they're deducted points in early April so need to concentrate on getting wins and finishing above them.

I'm actually pleased I got something right for once regarding this case! I always thought four points would be returned as getting up to -10 felt speculative at best and incompetent at worst and basically the independent commission pretty much called the premier league out for that.

Back up to 25 points with plenty of winnable home games left is not a terrible position to be in now so up to the team to get a mental boost from this and go out and win enough games in the final twelve to nullify anything from the second charge (although again I don't see how the premier league will risk doing anything given this was the big charge and it's been nearly reduced half on appeal).

Overall o.k.
Agree would have liked more ofc but is what it is have got some back now to hopefully lift us for sat to get the win and get this gap bigger. It is us against everyone

Do you think Notts Forest will push the Brennan Johnson angle?

I'm not sure why as to me it seems to be more of an aggravating factor rather than mitigating. We'd have probably been in a better position at the start of last season if we'd kept Richy for the first 3 games and then sold him for even more money on deadline day like Notts Forest did.

Holding your best player (and him subsequently playing a part in taking 3 points from a relegation rival in Sheff U) rather than selling him within the correct financial window seems like a clear sporting advantage to me so it's difficult to wrap my head around why Notts seem so adamant on pursuing that angle.

It's a bizarre one. Forest deliberately choosing to keep Johnson beyond 1st July 2023 when they had a team bidding for his services (even if it was relatively low ball) is surely what's going to get them points off especially as they've been so brazen about doing that.

Whereas for the second charge you can put a good defence up of fully co-operating with the premier league given they gave instructions or there was clear understanding that Richarlison had to be sold before 1st July 2022 and it duly happened.

The farce is Forest will inevitably appeal whatever deduction they get and based on the timescale the final verdict won't be known until after the season finishes, that is a total nonsense.