6 + 2 Point Deductions

Wasn’t it 6 pts for the initial breach and then 1 pt for every £5m you were over?

I thought the guess was 3points per £5m - which is why the Prem were advocating 12 points as suitable deduction prior first hearing.

So we should have a model now for Nottingham Forest - but.... do we?

I'd be petrified if I was a Forest fan. We get 6 for a breach that is 1/3 of theirs, and thiers is all transfer related. They'll get at least 9, surely.

All that to say though 5 points off relegation now, simply no way we go down, especially if Forest did get 9, that'd mean we'd be 10 points clear with 12 games to go.
Never underestimate our ability to Everton things up.

The thing is now, this whole debacle has made it possible that even the end of the season won't be the last of it. Conceivably further points deductions could be made after that point.

Can anyone clarify the model/precedent now then?

A breach = points deduction.

How have they now said they work out the number?

£19.5m over = 6 points?

So if Forest are say... £40m over. Is it 12 points?

I think they are sticking to their model of 6 points baseline, +1 point for every further 5 mil.

Our original PSR calc was saying that our losses were 109 mil, so that's less than 5 mil over the 105 breach. Their calc was 124 mi.

I imagine the appeal has basically just let us have that given the conflicting info of how to apply the stadium build interest.

If the only reason we are in breach for the 2nd charge is the stadium interest, there is a very slim chance there will be grounds to null and void the 2nd charge, but we'll see.

*disclaimer - everything I've just typed could well be wrong

Not really, Sheffield utd and Burnley are down so as long we ahead of forest by the end of the season with both teams getting deducted 6 points we be fine
We still have a second charge. So if we are less than 6 points ahead of Forest by the end of the season the league could still choose to put us down.

I'd be petrified if I was a Forest fan. We get 6 for a breach that is 1/3 of theirs, and thiers is all transfer related. They'll get at least 9, surely.

All that to say though 5 points off relegation now, simply no way we go down, especially if Forest did get 9, that'd mean we'd be 10 points clear with 12 games to go.

Exactly this, but their fans seem to be very happy thinking the worst they can now get is 6.

I thought the guess was 3points per £5m - which is why the Prem were advocating 12 points as suitable deduction prior first hearing.

So we should have a model now for Nottingham Forest - but.... do we?

I think the prem will just make it up as they go along mate.

That's the thing - I mean, 19.5m = 6 points.

500m over = less than 9 points?

Doesnt really seem right to me.

Well no it doesn't at all.

The fact conduct and behavior has play in the judgement too is something that you can't quantify, makes it completely more baffling.

It needs to be a simple easy formula.