6 + 2 Point Deductions

Even Everton knew Thelwell was garbage at scouting and transfers lol
Haha!
They argued that if a sporting sanction was to be the case, then it should be a ban and not a fine. Let's not pull the wool over anyone's eyes here - they'd - and we'd - have happily taken that given it would likely be for one window, which would have covered January.

I can understand in that case why the IC said it should be a deduction. But the issue is how they decided there was advantage in the first place. That was done totally off precedent using EFL cases.

Haha!
They argued that if a sporting sanction was to be the case, then it should be a ban and not a fine. Let's not pull the wool over anyone's eyes here - they'd - and we'd - have happily taken that given it would likely be for one window, which would have covered January.

I can understand in that case why the IC said it should be a deduction. But the issue is how they decided there was advantage in the first place. That was done totally off precedent using EFL cases.
This is the thing I can't get my head around, it seems virtually impossible to prove a sporting advantage so they rely on the line that it should be "inferred". I realise they are relying on EFL guidelines here, but surely the onus is on them to show what sporting advantage was gained if they are going to adopt such a punitive deduction.

November 2023 deducted 10 points
31st Jan appeal went in.
21st Feb still no answer.
3 months in total.

Then this is the timeline of this season's breaches:
Hearings April 5th
14 days to appeal
Appeals must be concluded by May 24, five days after the final day of the Premier League season.

1 month.
I do think the outcome to this appeal will influence the outcome to the 2nd outcome, potentially speeding up the process, however I can also see a case of it being days before the new season starts and no one knows for certain who will be in the league

Even just a bit of genuine communication from the club would chill everybody out. 'It's still ongoing I know it's frustrating to wait.. ' etc
If the club have heard nothing at all there’s nothing really to say but yeah at some point they should maybe publicly express the knock on this is obviously having on players and fans.

Dyche is up at half past and I wouldn’t be surprised if he expressed his frustration.

I do think the outcome to this appeal will influence the outcome to the 2nd outcome, potentially speeding up the process, however I can also see a case of it being days before the new season starts and no one knows for certain who will be in the league

Can't see that happening. Hundreds of millions at stake.

Yeah, I think so too. Especially with potentially the likes of Leicester/Leeds/Southampton back up, who are all probably capable of remaining in the division
Whilst I agree this year has 2, possibly 3, very weak teams compared to most years I think there is a risk of over-egging Leicester, Leeds, soton for next season.

Just because they are recent premier league teams doesn't mean they are going to be midtable when back. Look at Burnley as a case in point, they were relegated and had one year in championship where they absolutely tore it apart yet are still a step below even mid-lower premier league teams on their return.

Odds are next year won't see the bottom teams get cut adrift as quickly as this year, but let's not get too carried away with Leeds' latest push for the CL places until we've seen a few games next season first.

can you do an everton meme based on this picture

3vfrmx.jpg