6 + 2 Point Deductions

Might be the new silk has put a spanner in the Premier leagues works.
They were going through the motions of an appeal , thinking they were facing an oaf like Moshiri again , and came up agaist a formidable foe.
Might be looking for a way around whatever he has come up with?
I'm hoping so. We didn't bring Shagger in for his charming personality, so let's hope he's tied the PL up in knots.

I don’t think the PL even know yet, seems like the a feeling they know but are telling no one which I don’t think is true
If the PL know it is almost certainly the case that Everton likewise know. The IC responsible for the appeal will almost certainly have by now sent a draft of the written reasons ( which isn’t how the two participants are advised of the outcome) and no doubt before the PL and Everton have suggested amendments or agreeing the wording the professionals who represented the parties will be looking at every word, every punctuation in detail.

One thing that needs to be remembered is that the first charge wasnt lodged under the accelerated rules that the clubs agreed to in effect save filing timelines very little in terms of deadlines were in place . The second charge and indeed the Forest charge are already advancing at pace each club will be heard by separate commissions and no doubt the PL will have commissioned two completely different legal teams.

I am far from unsure who coordinated the announcement when it comes will be but before Everton comment the outcome will be posted on the PL website and almost certainly the press will be given an hour at least minimum

If the PL know it is almost certainly the case that Everton likewise know. The IC responsible for the appeal will almost certainly have by now sent a draft of the written reasons ( which isn’t how the two participants are advised of the outcome) and no doubt before the PL and Everton have suggested amendments or agreeing the wording the professionals who represented the parties will be looking at every word, every punctuation in detail.

One thing that needs to be remembered is that the first charge wasnt lodged under the accelerated rules that the clubs agreed to in effect save filing timelines very little in terms of deadlines were in place . The second charge and indeed the Forest charge are already advancing at pace each club will be heard by separate commissions and no doubt the PL will have commissioned two completely different legal teams.

I am far from unsure who coordinated the announcement when it comes will be but before Everton comment the outcome will be posted on the PL website and almost certainly the press will be given an hour at least minimum
Why would accelerated rules make anything any different? You say the second case is advancing at pace but this appeal absolutely hasn't. They'll still need to do the same checking of every word.

The idea to fast track these cases is one of the most farcical things I've ever seen in sport. It's completely impractical, and it's completely unfair since clubs with more charges won't have their cases heard for another year or more.

And the idea of having two points deductions for a single season, even though any breaches would impact different periods, is completely unfair too.

This process has been a complete joke and I don't understand why we would want to defend it.

We entered an appeal towards the end of November. 3 months is far far too long to wait for a final verdict.

Why would accelerated rules make anything any different? You say the second case is advancing at pace but this appeal absolutely hasn't. They'll still need to do the same checking of every word.
The 2nd case isn’t advancing at pace. Nothing has happened with it because they have to wait for the outcome of the first charge before advancing it. All that’s happened so far is they have had our accounts and said we have breached.

If you start with the date accounts have to be with the PL that was advanced from 31/3 to 31/12. Then the PL have to notify clubs of charges by 15/1 then the commission has to announce its decision within 12 weeks . Any appeal has to be announced within 14 days with the full appeals process has to be completed by 24/5.

They will of course still every word but the first charge didn’t have the deadlines that now are I place.

Lets just hope that this league table evertonfc.com flashes while loading is a sly way of letting fans know what the result of the appeal is going to be 😂🤞🤞
Screenshot_20240221_110606_Chrome.jpg