6 + 2 Point Deductions

They didn’t allow because the loans that attracted the interest were not obtained to pay for the stadium indeed they included clauses that stated categorically that they couldn’t be used for that reason.
Other expenses such as the transfer levy were less clear cut in that the IC weren’t completely against the notion but weren’t convinced that the case put forward by Everton had been properly constructed.
I am not sure that save it being an argument about abuse of defined process there will be any route for Everton to pursue the matter through the courts indeed part of the agreement signed by all clubs is that they won’t go down that
By the sounds of it our “trial” was a bit like this…

Why do people think forest will get the same i thought the charge they have is higher. So if the scale used is similar to the first case would be higher than 10 and could drop with the appeal but still could be more

Well basically a load of clubs in England got greedy and realised that they could make far more money by breaking away from the FA and forming their own premier league

Several of these clubs got fatter than others by virtue of European revenues that then fed into huge commercial sponsorship deals. For several years they enjoyed winning everything by spending more money than everyone else and taking all their best players

Billionaires wanted a slice of the action and took over Chelsea and City with a desire to spend whatever it took to join the elite. The elite realised that they’d no longer win everything and wanted to make sure no other team could ever do what City and Chelsea did.

The PL crafted P&S rules playing on the support of the six already in the elite and other club owners all desperate to consolidate their own position at least in the top flight so the revenues poured in regardless of the need to actually compete. Win win for everyone.

Everton tried to compete but a combination of the war in Ukraine, covid, trying to build a stadium, Moshiri and Kenwright playing football manager, the player x incident, and a PL absolutely paranoid of independent regulation and enthrall to the elite big six decided they’d make a huge example of an accounting treatment. They’ve then been cowards waiting to release the verdict of the appeal at a time when they anticipate the least reputational blow back

And here we are

That is a very good post, Dom.

For me, the second paragraph is the heartbreaking one.

Because EFC could and should have been one of that small cadre of clubs that kicked on and “got fatter”.

Instead Everton, an illustrious club with a very recent Golden Age of success, got lumbered with Johnson and then Kenwright.

Whist Chelsea, a music hall joke of a yo-yo club, got Matthew Harding and Roman Abramovich.

Why do people think forest will get the same i thought the charge they have is higher. So if the scale used is similar to the first case would be higher than 10 and could drop with the appeal but still could be more
Lot of speculation as to the level by which clubs spent too much but as there is no tariff in terms of applicable sanction there is nothing to say that even if both clubs missed by the exact same amount that any points deductions could be significantly different .
When you add in one of the most basic mitigating factors named a club admit the charge immediately then there is no way that you could second guess anything

That is a very good post, Dom.

For me, the second paragraph is the heartbreaking one.

Because EFC could and should have been one of that small cadre of clubs that kicked on and “got fatter”.

Instead Everton, an illustrious club with a very recent Golden Age of success, got lumbered with Johnson and then Kenwright.

Whist Chelsea, a music hall joke of a yo-yo club, got Matthew Harding and Roman Abramovich.
Ironically from a Chelsea perspective it was Ken Bates that facilitated the jump from a “yo yo club” to a club that was ripe for a takeover.
It’s often forgotten that the tide changed dramatically once the PL was formed and yes things got a little bit precarious financially in that Bates went all in on the Chelsea Village concept but even prior to RA under Bates we had qualified for the CL a couple of times won the FA Cup , league cup and the Cup Winners Cup.
But Bates biggest achievement was to wrestle back ownership of StamFord Bridge from property developers

We simply shouldn't accept being treated in this way. It's an absolute disgrace that the PL are treating this club, and it's fans, with utter contempt. I'm in no doubt that we should do more than show bits of cardboard in the stands. They are just laughing at us. We need to disrupt some matches.

They didn’t allow because the loans that attracted the interest were not obtained to pay for the stadium indeed they included clauses that stated categorically that they couldn’t be used for that reason.
Other expenses such as the transfer levy were less clear cut in that the IC weren’t completely against the notion but weren’t convinced that the case put forward by Everton had been properly constructed.
I am not sure that save it being an argument about abuse of defined process there will be any route for Everton to pursue the matter through the courts indeed part of the agreement signed by all clubs is that they won’t go down that route.
There will be plenty of opportunity to take this through the courts. Guaranteed.

Bookmark, Vault, whatever you choose.

We will pursue.