6 + 2 Point Deductions

Well basically a load of clubs in England got greedy and realised that they could make far more money by breaking away from the FA and forming their own premier league

Several of these clubs got fatter than others by virtue of European revenues that then fed into huge commercial sponsorship deals. For several years they enjoyed winning everything by spending more money than everyone else and taking all their best players

Billionaires wanted a slice of the action and took over Chelsea and City with a desire to spend whatever it took to join the elite. The elite realised that they’d no longer win everything and wanted to make sure no other team could ever do what City and Chelsea did.

The PL crafted P&S rules playing on the support of the six already in the elite and other club owners all desperate to consolidate their own position at least in the top flight so the revenues poured in regardless of the need to actually compete. Win win for everyone.

Everton tried to compete but a combination of the war in Ukraine, covid, trying to build a stadium, Moshiri and Kenwright playing football manager, the player x incident, and a PL absolutely paranoid of independent regulation and enthrall to the elite big six decided they’d make a huge example of an accounting treatment. They’ve then been cowards waiting to release the verdict of the appeal at a time when they anticipate the least reputational blow back

And here we are
Read that like it was rolling up the screen in a Galaxy Far Far Away

Yep. By the time they decide if 777 are fit to own a Premier League club, we won’t be one!
And that's why I am wondering if its intentional from the PL which don't seem to like us very much for one reason or another. Dithering on the decision has a bigger negative impact than deciding either to approve or reject it once and for all. Moshiri will not talk to anybody else until he knows, possibly because he is not allowed to based on the exclusivity agreement signed. Even if he could, how bad would it look from a business perspective when 777 is putting money into the club to keep the lights on.

The longer it goes on the less likely it’s going to be good news.
Think if they were confident they would more or less came straight out after the appeal and up hold original decision. Thats what a confident and competent organization behaves anyway.
Still i reckon if there was a sweep bet on the final out come, I would like the 5 points back for this breach and 5 point deduction for us and Forest for latest breach. So in effect we would be no better off.

Well basically a load of clubs in England got greedy and realised that they could make far more money by breaking away from the FA and forming their own premier league

Several of these clubs got fatter than others by virtue of European revenues that then fed into huge commercial sponsorship deals. For several years they enjoyed winning everything by spending more money than everyone else and taking all their best players

Billionaires wanted a slice of the action and took over Chelsea and City with a desire to spend whatever it took to join the elite. The elite realised that they’d no longer win everything and wanted to make sure no other team could ever do what City and Chelsea did.

The PL crafted P&S rules playing on the support of the six already in the elite and other club owners all desperate to consolidate their own position at least in the top flight so the revenues poured in regardless of the need to actually compete. Win win for everyone.

Everton tried to compete but a combination of the war in Ukraine, covid, trying to build a stadium, Moshiri and Kenwright playing football manager, the player x incident, and a PL absolutely paranoid of independent regulation and enthrall to the elite big six decided they’d make a huge example of an accounting treatment. They’ve then been cowards waiting to release the verdict of the appeal at a time when they anticipate the least reputational blow back

And here we are
Excellent analysis.

Inspector Spitty of the Celebration Police is now seemingly in charge of PL points too!

IMG_7645.jpeg

My understanding is that the original panel disallowed certain expenses ( such as loan interest) which if capitalised would have brought under the allowed threshold.

I think these are what the KC is bringing to the appeal. It may not be a reopening of the original decision but an acceptance that these expenses which certainly could be capitalised but were not allowed resulted in a completely unfair points deduction. The panel can choose to agree or disagree.

My guess is that if the result goes against Everton they have recourse to the courts who then have to decide if Everton were correct in what they claim, this would lead to the whole process being laid aside.

But, this is me guessing, I really don't know and don't think any of us do.
They didn’t allow because the loans that attracted the interest were not obtained to pay for the stadium indeed they included clauses that stated categorically that they couldn’t be used for that reason.
Other expenses such as the transfer levy were less clear cut in that the IC weren’t completely against the notion but weren’t convinced that the case put forward by Everton had been properly constructed.
I am not sure that save it being an argument about abuse of defined process there will be any route for Everton to pursue the matter through the courts indeed part of the agreement signed by all clubs is that they won’t go down that route.

Still i reckon if there was a sweep bet on the final out come, I would like the 5 points back for this breach and 5 point deduction for us and Forest for latest breach. So in effect we would be no better off.
If we gain 5 then lose 5 and Forest lose 5 we'll go from being 4 points behind Forest to 1 point ahead of them and have 4 teams below us in the league so we'll be slightly better off.

The longer the delay, the better for us I think. If we were getting nothing back, they would have wrapped that up quickly and made the announcement. The longer this delay is, the better the outcome. It does the PL no good to keep waiting to announce the appeal. I don't know the mechanics behind the appeal process after both sides have given their side, but I am imagining that the appeal board has given us a favorable decision and the PL is asking questions about it, trying to reverse it (which completely defeats the purpose of an independent panel), or the PL is seeking outside counsel on what may happen if the decision is not favorable and what may happen if Everton take this to court.

to saying is no news is good news

but you know the shower are sitting off laughing knowing that our future is therye dirty yellow fat grubby hands