6 + 2 Point Deductions

I'm not sure what was sang at an away day at Villa in about 2014 has anything to do with how the club have been ran, and how we have ended up with a significant points deduction !

Of course you'll find posts like that. You'll equally find lots of posters showing concerns over our recruitment, as far back as the mad summer of spending under Koeman. Lots of the signings made that window were questioned on this forum.

Our recruitment was woeful over a number of seasons, in the first 3 or 4 years of Moshiri's time here. Lots of people tended to over-rate the success of our transfer windows at that time, but lots of people showed concerns as well. I've been concerned about our recruitment ever since we signed about 4 no 10s to replace Lukaku.

But equally fan opinion on potential or confirmed signings has no impact. The only time I could genuinely make an argument fan opinion impacted a potential piece of recruitment was when Lampard was hired, and that was mainly due to people's reaction to the mad decision by Pereira to do a live interview of sky sports news !!
You saying that Evertonian hysteria and entitlement hasn’t been the tail that wagged the Moshiri dog over the past years? In which case we disagree a lot mate. It’s been a fundamental part of the problem nearly as much as his incompetence.

And that's what we need to be challenging - especially the points relating to sponsorship affected by the Ukraine war, and the fact we are building a stadium. We should be arguing the idea of a sporting advantage doesn't make much sense in our scenario.

I genuinely feel this are very valid mitigations, and I don't agree with the report.

The Ukraine war has affected our sponsorship moving forward but it looks like it has not affected us for the years we have been charged ( first offence ) looking at our accounts.

Looks like we will have to use this defence for the second charge though.

You saying that Evertonian hysteria and entitlement hasn’t been the tail that wagged the Moshiri dog over the past years? In which case we disagree a lot mate. It’s been a fundamental part of the problem nearly as much as his incompetence.
There's been hysteria of course, and I'd say you'll find it at every football club in the country. But even with that, if fan opinion is having a big impact on decision making, then that's a problem in itself.

I don't agree on the entitlement argument. I think the expectations at the club are at their lowest right now that I can remember. People just want to see a team that will work hard, compete, and ultimately not get relegated. And I just don't agree that it's wrong for people to ask for Everton to be better, and to compete. It will take a long time if we are to ever truly compete again, and it might not ever happen again. But that should 100% be the ambition, and there should always be an urgency to get better too. There's probably an argument that the club as a whole was far too accepting for far too long of our position in English football.

I don't sense we will agree on the past, but what's done is done, and we are probably going to have new ownership. All people want to see going forward is no more issues off the field, and gradual improvement on the pitch. Only way that happens is by staying up this season, and then moving forward to a position where we are not in relegation battles come the spring.

There's been hysteria of course, and I'd say you'll find it at every football club in the country. But even with that, if fan opinion is having a big impact on decision making, then that's a problem in itself.

I don't agree on the entitlement argument. I think the expectations at the club are at their lowest right now that I can remember. People just want to see a team that will work hard, compete, and ultimately not get relegated. And I just don't agree that it's wrong for people to ask for Everton to be better, and to compete. It will take a long time if we are to ever truly compete again, and it might not ever happen again. But that should 100% be the ambition, and there should always be an urgency to get better too. There's probably an argument that the club as a whole was far too accepting for far too long of our position in English football.

I don't sense we will agree on the past, but what's done is done, and we are probably going to have new ownership. All people want to see going forward is no more issues off the field, and gradual improvement on the pitch. Only way that happens is by staying up this season, and then moving forward to a position where we are not in relegation battles come the spring.
That demanding ambition thing brought us the Moshiri monster. Did it make us better than before? Absolutely not, look at us now.

If we don’t learn from the mistakes before we’re doomed to make them again. Those that tried to hijack the reasonable voice of Evertonianism should be kicked back into the long grass.

The reality of what Everton is and how’s it’s perceived outside of this forum is quite different to the echo chamber some of you wish to create and keep. Thankfully there’s a few honest brave selfless souls on here here, proper blues, who wish to keep us honest.

I commend those fine Evertonians.
This a bit like seeing ricky gervais's new stand up and having to remind yourself that the office was actually really good back in the day.

I'll give you some credit for wit, the hangers on make it tough but still some decent bits. It is certatinly a level above @Goat and his facebook da financial football expert act or @Moomin just seeking highs off other peoples lows but if we could hopefully just keep the spamming levels down or stick to weekends it might keep the act fresh.

I thought it was 12 million they paid per year to sponsor Finch Farm and other commercial aspects.

Did they pay us more than that?
£42M per year. More than 2/3 of our annual sponsorship. Add to that the stadium naming wright's deal which was reported to be north of £260M over 10 years.

This a bit like seeing ricky gervais's new stand up and having to remind yourself that the office was actually really good back in the day.

I'll give you some credit for wit, the hangers on make it tough but still some decent bits. It is certatinly a level above @Goat and his facebook da financial football expert act or @Moomin just seeking highs off other peoples lows but if we could hopefully just keep the spamming levels done or stick to weekends it might keep the act fresh.
Thanks man. I’ll take it over them. Suckers.

I'll give you some credit for wit, the hangers on make it tough but still some decent bits. It is certatinly a level above @Goat and his facebook da financial football expert act or @Moomin just seeking highs off other peoples lows but if we could hopefully just keep the spamming levels done or stick to weekends it might keep the act fresh.
I hate Facebook.

I also can't count.

I'm not winding anyone up here.

What was the 3 year assessment we failed?

At the last set of accounts for which we got charged from the War has not affected our sponsorship numbers as of yet.

Moving forward it will affect us as when we see the next set of accounts the Sponsorship number will take a 12 million hit. It will only be the second charge that we can use the Ukraine war as a defence, not for the first charge.
View attachment 246442
April 2022 Usmanov was sanctioned, so that's when we lost sponsorship.