6 + 2 Point Deductions

My prediction is some points back but enough to keep us firmly in the relegation battle especially with the second charge also now having validity as the first one wasn’t overturned. They know that even if they water this charge down significantly on mitigations and technicalities as long as they establish that there was a points penalty for this then the second charge will stand and they’ll use that to hammer the punishment they wanted all along.

Once we’re relegated in the summer, there’ll be a review of regulations and no other team will ever receive a points based penalty for P&S ever again.

The more it goes on and with the changes coming in...I personally think they'll back down massively due to the backlash.

We'll get points back and I can see Forest and us just getting a fine/transfer ban for this season's charges.

It's turning into a mess for the league. Clubs threatening to take them to court almost monthly.

It's taken 3+ months for our appeal. They're expecting appeals for new charges to be done in a month. Never happening.

Not at all.

Tonight is no gimme and we're 5 points behind Forest as it is. They have goalscorers in their squad and we don't - apart from Doucoure.

If we are both docked, say, a further 5 points we're basically joint bottom with Sheffield United and Burnley and up to 5 points from Forest who would be in 17th.

IMO if we end up with minus another 5 points we're done. Quite obviously really.
Still think forest could get more points off than us if they have been found over, if the league will use the same way they could get over the 10 points off. Then like us it could drop on the appeal but could still be a high number.
If I were a betting man I would expect the announcement to be made tomorrow. Whilst the IC , despite what some feel, won’t be dictated to by the PL board the commission members will be acutely aware of the impact of their announcement.

I would be surprised if the IC will change the numbers in terms of the £19.5 million gap and sorry I don’t think that a lot of the arguments re mitigation are compelling.

I have alway said that the sanction should never have been 10 points but unfortunately there are those sitting on the PL board that are fixated on a sporting sanction by way of a points deduction being appropriate. The appeal board will be well aware of the political landscape but I do expect that 10 points are reduced down potentially to 5 maybe even 3.

The potential suspension of any points would be a worry with the second charge incoming and whilst we have no idea of the numbers for 22/23 and as I said earlier I can’t see the £19.5 million being reduced as much because the ability to enter additional evidence at an appeal is limited but at the hearing for the second charge the club should have taken the hint from the IC at the first hearing suggesting that the sum paid by way of transfer levy could have been a mitigating factor had the argument been constructed in a different way.

As I say we don’t know the 22/23 numbers part of the argument re the 21/22 impact was that there was a downward trend if that is replicated then I would suspect that could justify a suspended points sanction but if the 3 year numbers go above £124.5 million that would probably open the door for a current season deduction.

Having said all that I personally think that if there hadn’t been a points deduction you would be a good 15-20 points away from the drop zone.

FFP was never meant to be this way the riches in the PL make it highly unlikely that unless there are massive outside shockwave to finances that a clubs very existence would be put in jeopardy. It really is a sledge hammer to crack a nut if no other change had been made the £105 million should have been increased along with inflation.

I can’t imagine a PL without Everton but then I can’t imagine an Everton without Goodison.
That number could drop depending on any of the points they did not agree on with us getting more proof ie usamov putting money for the stadium showing how much we have lost, sig who others could work out maybe had a value of a few mill for his last season could easily drop that 29.5 down

Someone else on Twitter suggested this as well and it kinda makes sense. All comes down to whether Masters/the PL are willing to walk through that minefield should we decide to take it to the high court.
In a court of law, civil court or arbitration Everton walk out without a care in the world. Theres more than enough mitigating factors to render the whole thing useless

Also if Everton were to take this to judicial review they’d win on the basis there’s no clear sanctions policy. The PL would be laughed away.

The only place this has teeth is in the kangaroo court of thr PL so Everton have to be as bold as City and say we will sue you. And in doing so we’ll make you disclose every bit of evidence we want.

Personally, I can't wait for this to be over.

The amount of ITK, is doing my head in.

Someone will be right, but because there are 10000 ITK, we won't have a clue.

Bring back the days of DAVIDMOYES, TOFEENUT and the leaked squad news and medical news.

Just let's hope we get something back, but I'd be shocked if we find out before the game today because it will either take pressure off us or cause chaos at Goodison on a televised fixture.

The more it goes on and with the changes coming in...I personally think they'll back down massively due to the backlash.

We'll get points back and I can see Forest and us just getting a fine/transfer ban for this season's charges.

It's turning into a mess for the league. Clubs threatening to take them to court almost monthly.

It's taken 3+ months for our appeal. They're expecting appeals for new charges to be done in a month. Never happening.
Would love if this is true if we can get 10 back just be shocked if they did that . Just to go thst hard on us at first then to give it all back, whole process is a mess just cant see them even thinking that far will br over confident they can fit the the 2nd charges in

Bring back the days of DAVIDMOYES, TOFEENUT and the leaked squad news and medical news.

Just let's hope we get something back, but I'd be shocked if we find out before the game today because it will either take pressure off us or cause chaos at Goodison on a televised fixture.
Either way they will look a bit ridiculous

If they wait until tomorrow morning, every one will see that they have waited until after a televised MNF game.

The amount of ITK is zero mate, just ignore everyone, when the news comes out we’ll all know

Nobody knew more than a couple hours early last time except apparently some Geordie lad who’s sister was banging someone at the FA

Just want it over so we can get back to talking about football on the pitch, the fans of this club have had a season ruined by off the pitch actions

In a court of law, civil court or arbitration Everton walk out without a care in the world. Theres more than enough mitigating factors to render the whole thing useless

Also if Everton were to take this to judicial review they’d win on the basis there’s no clear sanctions policy. The PL would be laughed away.

The only place this has teeth is in the kangaroo court of thr PL so Everton have to be as bold as City and say we will sue you. And in doing so we’ll make you disclose every bit of evidence we want.
Yeah so we can do that, hope it doesnt come to that and we win the case. But if we do i would love to see the club do this i tbought the club was stuck and we could not do any more .

All back, process has been an absolute farce. If we don’t get them all back then go legal
Not possible.

If Everton were to lose their appeal, is there anything else they could do to have it overturned?​

The decision of the appeal's board is final - except in unusual circumstances, such as serious errors being made by the commission.

For example, if they got the maths significantly wrong. The difficulty Everton have got with an appeal is that they have already admitted they are guilty.

In appealing, what they want is to reduce the punishment rather than establish their innocence.

Everton would not be able to take the case any further, to the law courts or the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Yeah so we can do that, hope it doesnt come to that and we win the case. But if we do i would love to see the club do this i tbought the club was stuck and we could not do any more .
I’m in no way ITK but you don’t hire the best barrister in the land if you’re not thinking of going majorly legal with them. A big part of our appeal would have been him in the room, not so subtly pointing out what Everton may do next.