6 + 2 Point Deductions

5 pts back and 3 held on suspension. The second charge will be dealt with on that basis, you have been found guilty of something and we are reinstating the suspended pts deduction that hangs over you, so you lose those 3 pts.
2 charges, 8 pts total = 2 back from the original 10.
Campari may have nailed it again tbh
The only thing we have been found guilty of is on the back of the PL refusing to accept that a war has unavoidably lost us £42M per year whilst trying to build a £760M stadium.

Full 10 points back, and a public apology. Anything less will be a disgrace.

If forest get a hefty deduction we are safe anyway arent we?
Not at all.

Tonight is no gimme and we're 5 points behind Forest as it is. They have goalscorers in their squad and we don't - apart from Doucoure.

If we are both docked, say, a further 5 points we're basically joint bottom with Sheffield United and Burnley and up to 5 points from Forest who would be in 17th.

IMO if we end up with minus another 5 points we're done. Quite obviously really.

The only thing we have been found guilty of is on the back of the PL refusing to accept that a war has unavoidably lost us £42M per year whilst trying to build a £760M stadium.

Full 10 points back, and a public apology. Anything less will be a disgrace.
throw in an extra two for pain and suffering

If I were a betting man I would expect the announcement to be made tomorrow. Whilst the IC , despite what some feel, won’t be dictated to by the PL board the commission members will be acutely aware of the impact of their announcement.

I would be surprised if the IC will change the numbers in terms of the £19.5 million gap and sorry I don’t think that a lot of the arguments re mitigation are compelling.

I have alway said that the sanction should never have been 10 points but unfortunately there are those sitting on the PL board that are fixated on a sporting sanction by way of a points deduction being appropriate. The appeal board will be well aware of the political landscape but I do expect that 10 points are reduced down potentially to 5 maybe even 3.

The potential suspension of any points would be a worry with the second charge incoming and whilst we have no idea of the numbers for 22/23 and as I said earlier I can’t see the £19.5 million being reduced as much because the ability to enter additional evidence at an appeal is limited but at the hearing for the second charge the club should have taken the hint from the IC at the first hearing suggesting that the sum paid by way of transfer levy could have been a mitigating factor had the argument been constructed in a different way.

As I say we don’t know the 22/23 numbers part of the argument re the 21/22 impact was that there was a downward trend if that is replicated then I would suspect that could justify a suspended points sanction but if the 3 year numbers go above £124.5 million that would probably open the door for a current season deduction.

Having said all that I personally think that if there hadn’t been a points deduction you would be a good 15-20 points away from the drop zone.

FFP was never meant to be this way the riches in the PL make it highly unlikely that unless there are massive outside shockwave to finances that a clubs very existence would be put in jeopardy. It really is a sledge hammer to crack a nut if no other change had been made the £105 million should have been increased along with inflation.

I can’t imagine a PL without Everton but then I can’t imagine an Everton without Goodison.

We should be given a detailed explanation of how they arrived at their decision this time.

If it is different from the original ten point deduction there will be a reason, and we are entitled to know what it is.

That might give us an idea of how they arrived at ten points in the first place, a figure which seems to, and may have been
plucked from fresh air.

Masters rolled a lucky 6 with his first dice and got another go, he then rolled a 4. Science mate, pure science.

Not at all.

Tonight is no gimme and we're 5 points behind Forest as it is. They have goalscorers in their squad and we don't - apart from Doucoure.

If we are both docked, say, a further 5 points we're basically joint bottom with Sheffield United and Burnley and up to 5 points from Forest who would be in 17th.

IMO if we end up with minus another 5 points we're done. Quite obviously really.
That, while possible, is probably one of the least likely outcomes.

How would a suspended points deduction work here? Let's say it is 3 points suspended, would it be come into effect even if we were just 50p in breach in the next set of accounts, or would proof of 'getting our house in order' mean a proportionate reduction? Or will we never know because the PL won't release their minutes/calculations?

If I were a betting man I would expect the announcement to be made tomorrow. Whilst the IC , despite what some feel, won’t be dictated to by the PL board the commission members will be acutely aware of the impact of their announcement.

I would be surprised if the IC will change the numbers in terms of the £19.5 million gap and sorry I don’t think that a lot of the arguments re mitigation are compelling.

I have alway said that the sanction should never have been 10 points but unfortunately there are those sitting on the PL board that are fixated on a sporting sanction by way of a points deduction being appropriate. The appeal board will be well aware of the political landscape but I do expect that 10 points are reduced down potentially to 5 maybe even 3.

The potential suspension of any points would be a worry with the second charge incoming and whilst we have no idea of the numbers for 22/23 and as I said earlier I can’t see the £19.5 million being reduced as much because the ability to enter additional evidence at an appeal is limited but at the hearing for the second charge the club should have taken the hint from the IC at the first hearing suggesting that the sum paid by way of transfer levy could have been a mitigating factor had the argument been constructed in a different way.

As I say we don’t know the 22/23 numbers part of the argument re the 21/22 impact was that there was a downward trend if that is replicated then I would suspect that could justify a suspended points sanction but if the 3 year numbers go above £124.5 million that would probably open the door for a current season deduction.

Having said all that I personally think that if there hadn’t been a points deduction you would be a good 15-20 points away from the drop zone.

FFP was never meant to be this way the riches in the PL make it highly unlikely that unless there are massive outside shockwave to finances that a clubs very existence would be put in jeopardy. It really is a sledge hammer to crack a nut if no other change had been made the £105 million should have been increased along with inflation.

I can’t imagine a PL without Everton but then I can’t imagine an Everton without Goodison.

PL P&S regulations aren’t about protecting club’s financially. They’re about protecting the elite and making sure there can be no further incursions on their place at the top of the PL with the CL money that comes with it. 6 into 4 is bad enough, but 7 or 8 into 4 is even worse. Close the gate and get the CL spots expanded to 6 once confident that it will mostly be the right 6 and job done. We’ll soon have a PL where it’s impossible for United Liverpool Arsenal City to ever miss out on the CL again. There might be the odd season when Newcastle edge out Spurs for 6th place but in the long term sides outside the sky six won’t have the revenues to consistently challenge. Newcastle will be forced to sell players this summer, as will Villa, Liverpool City United Arsenal don’t have to, that’s the difference

What sanction do you think would be the correct one for fraudulent accounting and hiding payments? Expulsion?