6 + 2 Point Deductions

What will be will be, I have spent 60 years of my life despising them I can't turn my feelings on and off like a tap.
I'm one of the younger fans (well mid 30s but still...) and honestly never really got it. But then I've never experienced what you older/more passionate fans have experienced with them, both fighting for titles, Heysel etc. Its barely felt like a rivalry to me!!

There should be a deduction. The rules need teeth beyond financial penalties to keep the big spenders “honest”.

We have been run by megalomaniac fools and there is a consequence for that. I also want to see City and Chelsea face a Rangers-esque ruin.

But 10 for the size of our breach with mitigating circumstances is beyond the pale.

If we get 4 back I’ll call it a mercy from the other megalomaniac fools making those decisions.

If we get more back I’ll count us lucky.

If we get nothing back and more to boot I’ll enjoy the Championship and look forward to different owners for us, and a reckoning for City and Chelsea.

Or everything really is a fraud, only we will get butchered, and footy is dead.

Why should there be a deduction?

I don't get anyone advocating points deduction or not expecting full points back.

The whole punishment is a sham. There wasn't a proper penalty in place so no sanction policy agreed. Masters has ballsed it up. The whole PSR is ill-conceived and a mess. They've completely disregarding any mitigation which there is plenty. They've kind of said that we didn't deliberately breach so not really fair to
give a sporting punishment, yet then it's been made out well 'inferred' that we still have a sporting advantage so therefore a sporting punishment.

The disgraceful behaviour from Masters telling everyone that they want a maximum 12 point penalty before it even went to the commission and then changed it to 10 points based on a previous case involving Sheff Weds - which was rejected by the commission and yet they still ended up with the same 10 points!

Ludicrous situation as well as the commission ignoring the mitigation like loosing our sponsorship or the stadium, they also said we couldn't have a fine because we had a wealthy owner (who's selling the club!). Oh the irony that the 6 Super League breakaway teams didn't get a points deduction as everyone said you can't punish the fans, so they get a (voluntary) fine of around £3m. Hang on don't all of them clubs have wealthy owners too?

I understand also the punishment should not be based on how wealthy an owner is.

For perspective, Portsmouth had a 9 point penalty at one time for going in to administration. How do we end up with more?

Other instances such as the Tevez affair West Ham only got a fine. It was argued then that it was not right to punish the fans through a points deduction.

There's numerous others.

The whole issue over the punishment, changing rules, changing the sanction which they brought in in August (whilst the case against Everton was on going) is a farce. I think Andy Burnham has questioned this a few times. It's almost as if they made up the rules as they went along.

And everyone thinks we should accept the points or half the points!

I hope our KC has enough in his armoury to pick it apart. If I can see how appalling this is I'm sure he'll tear them a new one..

The PL don’t know and I doubt the club know, we won’t know for a while yet probably despite rumours of today and tomorrow
I think we've all assumed this Friday would be the "middle of February" timeframe. I think it'll be close of business Friday so they don't need to answer any questions.

Maybe even pushed to next Tuesday if they think we won't like the decision...

The prise of appeals panel ITK king is there for the taking for anyone who wants to take a shot
Eez0SflWoAAc8R3.jpg

From Twitter:
View attachment 245828

If this is true, a loss for shagger silk might have been announced already. But it hasn't. So is there any chance they were have just been waiting for the Athletic piece to make richard masters look less incompetent?
To be fair I expect that the PL do indeed know but almost certainly if they do so too will Everton.

The written reasons will be first sent to both parties to proof read and or agree as to the wording

I suspect the KC could not believe what the PL was trying to push through as justice.

I imagine he told the Commission in no uncertain terms that none of this would stand up in a court of law and would be ripped apart by any semi-competent KC. That would give them serious food for thought.

The club should seriously be considering legal recourse if the outome is not satisfactory.