6 + 2 Point Deductions

Cheers everyone. Believe it or not this forum has been a god sent to me over the last few days. I’m in the same clothes since 9am Sunday and I have slept in a chair for about 6 hours in 4 days but our boy is great! This forum has allowed me to switch off for a while because I cannot get a signal in Whiston and I downloaded footy manager, went Everton, got a ten point deduction and got relegated so I just fumed at that.

Cheers again everyone. Hope to see you all outside the Winslow for a pint in the near future.

From Twitter:
Untitled.png

If this is true, a loss for shagger silk might have been announced already. But it hasn't. So is there any chance they were have just been waiting for the Athletic piece to make richard masters look less incompetent?

Totally agree Phil. Any penalty proposed on the 2nd charge should automatically be reduced by a third ( unless we have done something crazy in the 2 subsequent years )
Logic and natural justice suggest that the second should be 1/3 of the first to avoid double counting, maybe with slight variation either way depending on the size of the breach.

The problem is there’s nothing in the rules to say that, but even so it’s possible the PL might even concede that point from the start to avoid yet another massive bone of contention. Would be an automatic point of appeal if they chose not to.

From Twitter:
View attachment 245828

If this is true, a loss for shagger silk might have been announced already. But it hasn't. So is there any chance they were have just been waiting for the Athletic piece to make richard masters look less incompetent?

But wouldn't this make it easier for masters? He could just spin it as "we left it with the independent regulator, nothing to do with the premier league, if anything it shows we ourselves should do it"

I still don't believe any rumour going around though, the timing om some articles recently is weird though

From Twitter:
View attachment 245828

If they do know and it's in their favour they'd have released/leaked it by now to gloat about how great they are... could be coming up with a statement to save face while giving back the 10 points. (Hopefully)

From Twitter:
View attachment 245828

Damage limitation through client journos. Todays press on the matter is 200% more than what we’ve seen in several months.

The spin machine is in full flow but I wouldn’t give masters and the prem any quos over this as they are nothing but a gang of clueless planks trying to find an off-ramp for a situation of their own making

But wouldn't this make it easier for masters? He could just spin it as "we left it with the independent regulator, nothing to do with the premier league, if anything it shows we ourselves should do it"

I still don't believe any rumour going around though, the timing om some articles recently is weird though
The one thing that would prove very tricky for him is if we’ve gone deep in on the proposed sanctions formula that was made without club input or approval, indeed they voted against it. Given it was put forward personally by him, if the appeal board tear him a new one over it as an abuse of process he’s in a very difficult position.

But then again it’s a “very difficult job” he has.

From Twitter:
View attachment 245828

Nah, there would have been leaks if they have known since Friday.

Masters can’t keep his mouth shut and would have told that Geordie posters sister.

No because the independent commission is not the regulator. The commission is commissioned by the PL.