6 + 2 Point Deductions

I just think they'll half it to 5 points and be done with it.

Obviously I want all points back and us to be given a fairer punishment in line with our erratic spending. Chelsea paid UEFA £9m for being over their FFP so I believe we should fined.

That would move us up the table with 24 points/-6 goal difference and into 15th as I write.

Now the 2nd sanction will be interesting given that 2 of the 3 years of FFP rules have been included in the first sanction so they might just rule against a 2nd punishment.

We need the points on the board and figure out what is what at the end of the season. If we can get 10 points or more ahead of the bottom 3/Forest, I think that would keep us up.

It's total guess work but this is my gut feel as well, reduced first charge and no double jeopardy with the second

I may be wrong but aren't forest offering proof that they had more than one interested party for Johnson? Whereas aren't we saying it was spurs and spurs alone for Richarlison?

I love a fight but I'm concerned here about the strategy. We're a basket case of a club in how we're run and I've no confidence the club could manage a strategy to attack a closed shop clique of 20 clubs where what at a guess the majority are up the creek without a paddle without PL cash so won't rock the boat?

Actually last couple of years we have been much better managed in terms of recruitment, net spend, wage bill reduction etc. - thelwells last update was good, we seem to be sticking longer with a manager/DoF and the stadium will provide us with a ramp in revenue

The basket case years were definitely, 16-21, I wince at some of the decisions made now

Actually last couple of years we have been much better managed in terms of recruitment, net spend, wage bill reduction etc. - thelwells last update was good, we seem to be sticking longer with a manager/DoF and the stadium will provide us with a ramp in revenue

The basket case years were definitely, 16-21, I wince at some of the decisions made now
Basket case years??
Have you read The Esk latest offerings on our finances? Basket case an understatement of the grandest magnitude

Basket case years??
Have you read The Esk latest offerings on our finances? Basket case an understatement of the grandest magnitude

Those years were crazy in terms of the financial decisions we took no doubt about it and we’re going to suffer for years……but the esk has not got anything right for ages….him saying the club’s finances are in a bad way is saying water is wet it’s bleedin obvious.

He doesn’t know how good or bad they are as he I reckon does not have access to the books

The 2nd charge is their last chance to show that the rules are genuinely meant to protect fans from idiotic owners (snigger - course they are). Should be handheld back to compliance over a couple of years. We are correcting it ourselves. Impossible to fix things overnight when players have contracts, sponsors have contracts, staff have contracts. Surely clubs have to just show they are heading in the right direction, with clear plans to show how they are making changes to ensure future compliance.

This has to be top of the list when the second charge is heard. Every punishment, even fines should be suspended in these cases. If you are still in breach once the 3 year cycle contains different periods from the first breach, then yes, hammer the club into the ground.

Footy Insider is quite the opposite: it's quoting Keith Wyness who says we will get all the points back!

Guesswork by all concerned
They released two articles pretty much on the same day I think.

One with Wyness saying his sources said it was positive for us and he expects points back.

Then another Saying “inside sources” say it will be disappointing for us.

Covering all bases to get clicks.

They released two articles pretty much on the same day I think.

One with Wyness saying his sources said it was positive for us and he expects points back.

Then another Saying “inside sources” say it will be disappointing for us.

Covering all bases to get clicks.
I know which is more likely: think it's become a personal thing now for Masters and he will ensure maximum punishment for us by instructing the Commisssion. Even though it's totally independent, obviously...

I think Palace will know this aswell though that’s our only problem. If they goto Chelsea and get stuffed then they will also understand coming back from Goodison without even a point puts them in trouble. I fully expect a Chelsea victory, Roy leaves on a mutal agreement to keep his legacy in tact at the club, Steve Cooper comes into Palace until the end of the season and then we have to deal with the new manager bounce at Goodison - which is worrying to me. I do think without Eze, Olise and now Guehi that we have a really good chance but also with players out other players have a chance to shine.
Good grief.

The 65 millions comes probably from what they are allowed as loses because of the 2 seasons in the championship instead of the 105 millions for premier league clubs (3 seasons), Forest can only have 61 millions...the fact that they have spent in both summer and January would suggest to me that they are not that far over even though I am aware that Johnson sale was pure profit.

It doesn't matter where it probably comes from, the fact remains that very few people actually know, and I very much doubt that those that do will be on here or TAFKA Twitter.

We'll find out when the IC release their report. Everything until then is a guess.