6 + 2 Point Deductions

How much is each position worth in prize money?

Say for arguments sake it's £3m per position. Is it possible that we could potentially lose out on about £12m worth of prize money and then breach PSR again by going over by £10m for example? Is this possible?
Each Place in the league is supposedly worth 2.2 Million

Ridiculous Imoral rules, not allowed to invest in a business surely has to be against some law.
It’s a massive restriction of trade and would like to see it tested in court.

Most clubs lose money day to day and the way to turn that into profit and sustainability is player trading as the likes of Brighton show.

Not that I’m saying we’ve done that at all well in the past but you can’t turn it round if you can’t invest in the first place. It’s fundamental to the operation of a football club.

It absolutely is counter productive, they keep saying it’s to help clubs stay sustainable yet all these sanctions could leave us in administration, the opposite of sustainable. It’s a fiasco.

Just this in a nutshell.

PL "rules put in place to help clubs from doing the likes of pompey and going into administration"

Also PL" we are going to deduct you a massive amount of points, which will cost you millions in prize money, potentially hundreds of million if it relegates you"

Just bent to the core.

He will care. There will be a huge amount of ego that goes with it. And losing will be a blemish on his record, especially when you think about how appalling the process and the PL have been. It should be an open goal in terms of pulling it apart.
But you could have said the same about the first hearing too.
I’m drawing nothing from these spurious reports until the verdict is published

Just this in a nutshell.

PL "rules put in place to help clubs from doing the likes of pompey and going into administration"

Also PL" we are going to deduct you a massive amount of points, which will cost you millions in prize money, potentially hundreds of million if it relegates you"

Just bent to the core.
And to hide behind an “independent commission” when doing it.

But you could have said the same about the first hearing too.
I’m drawing nothing from these spurious reports until the verdict is published
Not really. Because until the report came out and the commission had decided whether each mitigation was relevant etc, we wouldn’t have known if they had accepted it or not.

Yeah we could have pointed out that there was no sanction policy so it wasn’t transparent etc, but I assume we didn’t as didn’t expect it to be so ludicrous.

It’s a massive restriction of trade and would like to see it tested in court.

Most clubs lose money day to day and the way to turn that into profit and sustainability is player trading as the likes of Brighton show.

Not that I’m saying we’ve done that at all well in the past but you can’t turn it round if you can’t invest in the first place. It’s fundamental to the operation of a football club.
it was a similar test on player registrations held by clubs after a contract had expired that brought about the Bosman ruling.

He will care. There will be a huge amount of ego that goes with it. And losing will be a blemish on his record, especially when you think about how appalling the process and the PL have been. It should be an open goal in terms of pulling it apart.
he will care until his next job rolls in, which he will already be working on. A defeat is nothing to these guys (and gals) its all part of the game. Whilst they would like to win, its no big drama if they dont and they will have a lengthy list of successful cases on their CV

Not really. Because until the report came out and the commission had decided whether each mitigation was relevant etc, we wouldn’t have known if they had accepted it or not.

Yeah we could have pointed out that there was no sanction policy so it wasn’t transparent etc, but I assume we didn’t as didn’t expect it to be so ludicrous.
Yeah exactly, the appeal is where the lawyers really earn their corn- it’s all there in front of them in terms of the evidence against you and the verdict and the appeal is where you get to pick it all apart.

It’s why the pattern is so often a harsh original sanction followed by a reduction once the lawyers have picked away at it. To some extent I think the appeal is often baked in- I’m not sure even the original IC would expect it to remain ten points. But then the whole process has so few real guidelines it’s pretty much a lottery.