6 + 2 Point Deductions

I’m not buying this ‘everybody needs to sell to buy’ thing. Are they saying the 18 other clubs have all very nearly breached it but not quite so they’ll be fine if they don’t do any business this month. B0ll0cks!

Pretty much though. Wolves, Newcastle, Villa are a few that have been or will be on the brink of the don't sell.

I don't know how close but we got 10 points for £19.5mill so they're probably cacking it for any amount.

Be interesting to see how much Forest were over by. Rumour is £13mill.

No. Just pointing out the whole 'This is draconian unprecedented sanctions' narrative for the nonsense that it is. I'm interested in this topic, not to deride a club or laugh at misfortune, but because its important to football. My club nearly went out of existence due to poor financial management, yours is on the precipice - many smaller clubs without the safety net of a large fan base have done. FFP needs enforcing (as annoying as it is if your a super rich owner and as cartel in nature as it is) to stop clubs collapsing, and how it is enforced impacts more than just the club(s) under the microscope at any given moment.

If you look at any posts I've made on this topic, I have being nothing but balanced and wanting to inform and/or be informed about the issue.

Have a bit of extra interest because I have lived in the city for 35 years so its a topic with lots of family and friends who are Evertonians. The head in the sand 'we broke the rules but so what, give us our points back and 10 points is outrageously harsh' view though is simply wrong. Its fairly standard in terms of a sanction. The only non-standard thing about it is its the EPL, which historically never bothers with it, and wasn't bothering Everton with it either until it got their backs up by being lied to. Two years ago, Sheff Weds got 12 points for an FFP breach which was similar in nature to that of Evertons, but smaller in scale and was confused by a load of covid mitigations. Nobody said one thing about it. Why should it be fine for them but Everton (or any PL club) seem to think they should be somehow immune.
Which was quickly reduced to 6 within a couple of weeks.

I honestly believe that Masters meltdown in the recent Government review will work positively in our favour. He was a squirming rat who struggled to provide any substantiation as to how they - the PL - came to the conclusions and penalties they did. He also, albeit surreptituously conceded that they were looking after only the 'big clubs' and the rest were making up the numbers. In essence, worldwide TV money is their God and they don't want anyone to interfere.

Be interesting to know how his salary/pension rights have increased over the past few years, the slimy toad

I honestly believe that Masters meltdown in the recent Government review will work positively in our favour. He was a squirming rat who struggled to provide any substantiation as to how they - the PL - came to the conclusions and penalties they did. He also, albeit surreptituously conceded that they were looking after only the 'big clubs' and the rest were making up the numbers. In essence, worldwide TV money is their God and they don't want anyone to interfere.

Be interesting to know how his salary/pension rights have increased over the past few years, the slimy toad
Doubt it unfortunately. The 'Independent' Committee handling the case was picked by him / The Premier League and they'll have been instructed as to what conclusion they need to come to.

Pretty much though. Wolves, Newcastle, Villa are a few that have been or will be on the brink of the don't sell.

I don't know how close but we got 10 points for £19.5mill so they're probably cacking it for any amount.

Be interesting to see how much Forest were over by. Rumour is £13mill.
Leicester are very close to the edge and are trying to arrange loans because they can’t spend till the summer