6 + 2 Point Deductions

There's no value for the commission in saying they didn't use the formula then using the formula full stop. Why would they do that, for a laugh? It makes perfect sense.

There's a really solid argument that the Premier League unduly influenced the independent panel by leaking their hoped for points deduction and then suggesting the formula when it wasn't their place to do so. An argument I've been making in a way that is less patronising, dismissive of other people's views, and embarrassing than the post I replied to and also yours.
The 'value' of it is irrelevant. If anything it distracts from the crux of the matter
Undue influence I agree with, but using the formula or not, telling us if they did or not, doesn't mean anything other than maybe show disregard and possibly contempt for us.
Prosecution can suggest a sentence or punishment within established guidlines, and there were none in the PL so they could suggest what they like really. Maybe the appeal will give us a better understanding of why they say it wasn't used but the result is the same, and the result is what matters. Their motives are obviously not fair to begin with so their reasons could be anything. Even for a laugh, when the power is all in their hands once we changed our minds and admitted guilt. We don't know

The losses can't mainly be down to stadium costs though, it's just a contributor. It's undeniable we spent millions on rubbish and paid them millions.
You’re right
Won’t put the list up but I rattled off 217m of signings that we recouped 2m from the sale of Morgan on.

217m of transfer fees and wages for 5 years and then left on free transfers.

That is the sole reason we are in Pooh creek now

You’re right
Won’t put the list up but I rattled off 217m of signings that we recouped 2m from the sale of Morgan on.

217m of transfer fees and wages for 5 years and then left on free transfers.

That is the sole reason we are in Pooh creek now
If they left at the end of their contract the fee is amortarised to 0 so whilst no fee received did not theoretically lose.

The Siggi one is the one that we should have pushed as we were not allowed to play him but could not use him as a loss.

There definitely would appear to be an argument about timing here. As stated by others part of the reason for 3 year rolling period and new timelines for charges is so that clubs charged in-year have Jan and summer window to correct if necessary in the year that will be part of the next period to be scrutinised.

As our first commission sat in Oct we were already beyond the close of the new year (30 Jun 23) for this 3 year period so had no way of selling an asset once we knew that our accounting was rejected. This absolutely must be a mitigation of we get to a second commission.

Season just feels pointless to me now. After the first punishment put us in a relegation battle at we got some results together and things were at least interesting. Now with this new charge and the fact it may not be settled till after the final ball of the season is kicked what's the point? Hopefully city open up a gap at the top and have the "title race" over quickly just to make a mockery of the whole "best league in the world" narrative.