6 + 2 Point Deductions

They could be out to screw Everton over if:

they used the formula and said so
didn't use the formula and said so
used the formula and didn't say so
didn't use the formula and didn't say so

They could also not be out to screw Everton over and any one of the above be true, as it is unrelated to intent and a meaningless connection

telling someone they are making a moronic argument when your own makes no sense is a bit rich
There's no value for the commission in saying they didn't use the formula then using the formula full stop. Why would they do that, for a laugh? It makes perfect sense.

There's a really solid argument that the Premier League unduly influenced the independent panel by leaking their hoped for points deduction and then suggesting the formula when it wasn't their place to do so. An argument I've been making in a way that is less patronising, dismissive of other people's views, and embarrassing than the post I replied to and also yours.

Hear me out, sell all the players, dissolve the company set up a new one.

have the PL deal with one less game a week and subject them to breach of their television contracts.

obi-wans-death-scene.jpg
And before everyone goes all "GN you are a muppet" i am joking......well half joking.

There's no value for the commission in saying they didn't use the formula then using the formula full stop. Why would they do that, for a laugh? It makes perfect sense.

There's a really solid argument that the Premier League unduly influenced the independent panel by leaking their hoped for points deduction and then suggesting the formula when it wasn't their place to do so. An argument I've been making in a way that is less patronising, dismissive of other people's views, and embarrassing than the post I replied to and also yours.
They gave us a 10 point deduction which was exactly what the formula would have given us.

However, they are 'independent' so can't be seen to be following the formula as prescribed by the PL.

Therefore, they give a 10 point deduction but claim that they didn't follow the formula so that others remain convinced that they are 'independent'.

All we can do as a club and as a fanbase is keep fighting this until the very bitter end and hope our good performances on the pitch continue.

Even with another 10 point deduction we would still probably stay up, such is the lack of quality in the bottom six this year.

If the club gets docked more points, why not administration? Clear the debts and start over. If we're going to get relegated what's another 9 points? At this point the league would be forcing the club into this decision.

I wonder if Mr Silk can threaten the process with legal action ?

I know we signed up to the rules but if there is no punishment guidelines in place thats been voted in / approved prior to proceedings surely that would be thrown out in court ?

Might ask my solicitor and see what he thinks.

This is the thing I find crazy. They all sat in a meeting and agreed rules for FFP, but didn't bother agreeing penalties for breaking them.
Could be fines, point deductions, transfer bans. Did they run out of time at the end of the meeting or did no one think to ask???
Utterly bizarre