6 + 2 Point Deductions

Probably a better analogy would be denying you were doing 90 mph and coming up with a feeble excuse. Then a year later doing 80 mph and then relying on the same feeble excuse and expecting to get away with it.
You still aren't going to get punished a second time for the original 90mph.. regardless of what excuse you use feeble or not..
I'm sure people have been caught speeding twice in a short period of time I'm also sure that none of them have had their first speeding offence reassessed and punished again after their 2nd offence.

He's actually spot on there in terms of IAS 23, if the club is going to restate the prior accounts - it's an entirely decision to change the accounting policy like that

Where he *might* be wrong is his estimation of the losses - but I can't make an educated guess on that one. He's definitely right about the accounting standard though
My concern with Paul is that there is always an element of "look at me, I'm in the know" about everything he says. "From the meetings I have been party to" is a classic example. What meetings? When? Who was there?

Paul is another ordinary, devoted fan talking about his football team but he is FAR from an expert.

Seeing the league will be finished by the time the appeals are done it does put us in the situation where the PL can see how many points we have amassed and therefore how many points would it take to drop us into the bottom three.

I cannot see how that won't be consciously or unconsciously be taken into account...whether that be 'yes we get them relegated' or 'is the offence something really that important to relegate a club over'. All penalties should be given months in advance to the season being finished (including any appeals) and if it cannot be then the penalty is carried forward to the new season.
Makes a mockery of their brand and complete farce of the league right past the final day.

Their brand and their scripted relegation battles with all the drama is out the window as even up to a week after the last game, nobody will have a scooby doo how’s staying up and who’s down.

Like giving multiple time penalties and summons to see the stewards after an F1 race has finished.

They’ve wanted a 39th game for years however it will be played at the neutral venue of the Old Bailey between lawyers further tainting their brand.

Many have said the rear end will fall out of football, well that time has come due to the corporate greed of the cartel that’s put itself and its own interests at the top of the game and the house of cards is coming down.

Surely someone in their circles has pointed out the optics of this as bar a few melons from sky six and other scab clubs, the general population are going to switch off from a game you either have no chance of winning or need a maths degree with an A-level in law to understand.

Working class game run by the Cali Cartel…

All about the stadium cost...different interpretation. Not sure why the league don't get it
Other teams get free stadiums and are immune from FFA charges.
Building our own stadium clearly isn’t allowed, shows too much ambition and could result in us being competitive in the long run. This is unfair on the top 6.

The whole system is flawed and corrupt. Honestly.. Im beginning to wonder if it’s worth getting annoyed about. Things need to change or most fans will eventually walk away.

Sorry, just catching up, can someone briefly summarise?
@matty1878 went to bed in his Care Bear onesie an hour ago

30% of us blame @The Esk for getting us into this.

Complicated motorway speeding analogies are being amended every few minutes.

We all think Forest's proposed defence holds less water than our original something, something, interest rates, something, something, unnamed player defence.

You still aren't going to get punished a second time for the original 90mph.. regardless of what excuse you use feeble or not..
I'm sure people have been caught speeding twice in a short period of time I'm also sure that none of them have had their first speeding offence reassessed and punished again after their 2nd offence.
The two breaches are a year apart. The first was for a rolling period ending 2022. The second is for a rolling period ending 2023.

I can’t for the life of me see how this works as a defence:

Forest’s defence is expected to be based around their decision to delay the sale of Brennan Johnson to ensure they received the highest price possible for the academy graduate, whose fee would, in PSR terms, be deemed pure profit. The forward was sold on deadline day last September for £47.5m to Tottenham, two months after the cut-off point for complying with PSR. If Forest had sold Johnson before 30 June, the club believe they would have received a lower fee. Although that would have put them the right side of the allowed losses, they are expected to argue it was better for their long-term health to maximise their profit and make them more sustainable.
Yeah this is a mental argument to me.

We had to sell Richarlison before the end of the financial year for a cut price for this exact reason.

Unless they're going to let us add 20 million to that fee on the claim of what we could have received later in the window per this same logic.