6 + 2 Point Deductions

Can we all agree now that this guy knows nothing about anything? I honestly don't know anybody who is so consistently wrong about everything, except maybe Donald Trump and Boris Johnson, who still have people rushing to defend them. For the past 24 hours he's been incessantly claiming everything is fine and now he's basically saying "that wasn't what I meant". The lad's an attention seeking clown.

The statement from the club makes it seem like they expected it purely based on how the PL treated the last breach, in other words they poo-pooed the mitigations which we're already appealing against, so the books that they submitted were always going to make it look like we've breached again.
The club expected it as soon as their basis of accounting was rejected by the commission.

The only way we get out of this is if ( and it's a massive if ) the appeal panel.accept that our method of accounting was right all along.

We have been trying to unwind from the mess but as you can see if we had cut earlier and faster we would have been relegated as it would have meant losing another player we needed for our relegation battles. We've done wrong but we've been shafted by the PL changing rules regarding the stadium build and having two accounting periods judged in the same season. How can we adjust for the breach during the next accounting period if we don't know how much we have breached by.

and wrong. Not over yet. If we go into administration then perhaps so but we ain't there yet.
Sorry mate our owner has lied, our board lied, they have been a bunch of criminals to the fans. Disgusting.

There was a certain inevitability about this once we'd failed the first time, as we were budgeting based on the same premise. We'll either get 20 points deducted or if our appeal gets our deduction reduced and then we multiply the new amount by 2.

As for being charged twice in the same season that also was always going to happen once we'd delayed the charges from last season into this season. The question is whose fault that is? I know Leeds and Leicester will say it was our fault and should have seen us relegated.

We never delayed the charges, that’s the PL who set the date, we were co-operating. Leicester might have a right to be aggrieved over the timing but once again that’s on the demonstrably incompetent PL

Ugh.

The interest bearing loans are specifically for working capital (as stated in the loan documents). No lender will ever be the first dollar in on a construction project.

Regardless, we can keep making the same arguments, and we'll keep getting the same answer. See you again next January when we do it again.
It's bizarre that a team building a stadium can be punished under sustainability rules. That's not a reason you should be punished under P&S rules surely?

Feels like this should at least speed up the appeals process a bit, as it would be awfully hard to conduct the new commission instance without knowing what the outcome of the appeal from the first one will be. Surely that outcome would have a bearing on the sentencing guidelines used by the newest commission, if nothing else - to try to mitigate the chances of a future successful appeal by the punished.

And still Man City don’t get a look in

Baffling all these City shouts, honestly. I get why its getting thrown about but its nothing like ours. They have 115 charges from years ago and are fighting every one. The paperwork, evidence etc will be monumental, it was never going to be done quickly.

We on the other hand have one charge and basically admitted to it.

That should always have been the way. It makes it just as open to bias to towards certain clubs and owners. But negotiated settlements would have been the way to have punishments applied quickly with no appeals.

Just like the “voluntary contributions” the scum made.
It’s their only out really if they want this season resolved on the pitch. Especially with new rules coming in. Agree a “plea bargain” with the two clubs and draw a line.

Can we all agree now that this guy knows nothing about anything? I honestly don't know anybody who is so consistently wrong about everything, except maybe Donald Trump and Boris Johnson, who still have people rushing to defend them. For the past 24 hours he's been incessantly claiming everything is fine and now he's basically saying "that wasn't what I meant". The lad's an attention seeking clown.
Anything quoted by that chancer needs to be deleted.

Spot on.
He‘s a yank charlatan.