6 + 2 Point Deductions

I almost dont want the points back. The spirit that it has brought the team is a joy to behold. We are a club battling injustice. I honestly think we will score more points by the end of the season if the deduction stays in place whilst feeling the world is against us than if we get all or some of the points back. We seem to be getting more respect from the football community because we are flying in the face of adversity. this is the first time in a few seasons we are actually starting to be seen in a positive light
The way the lads are celebrating goals together and then teaming up for a scrap at the end of a game lately is great to see. Watching Everton since the points deduction was implemented has felt better than it has for the last few seasons

1000004718.png

I almost dont want the points back. The spirit that it has brought the team is a joy to behold. We are a club battling injustice. I honestly think we will score more points by the end of the season if the deduction stays in place whilst feeling the world is against us than if we get all or some of the points back. We seem to be getting more respect from the football community because we are flying in the face of adversity. this is the first time in a few seasons we are actually starting to be seen in a positive light
The way the lads are celebrating goals together and then teaming up for a scrap at the end of a game lately is great to see. Watching Everton since the points deduction was implemented has felt better than it has for the last few seasons
I get where you are coming from. On the flip side of this maybe it’s nothing to do with the points deduction. Maybe it’s finally Dyche’s plan starting to work.

Key things, DCL being back, he’s so much more than goals.
Myko finally hitting form. Great to see he’s becoming a good left back.
Doucoure almost creating a position for himself. He’s not a striker, midfielder or a number 10, but it’s currently working.
Pickford, again hitting form and keeping clean sheets.
McNeil, a player who’s frustrating but at least he gets the ball and wants to run forward with it.
To me, this is the biggest…. Braithwaite, wow the kid is unreal. I just hope whoever comes in against Burnley doesn’t drop a clanger.

I get where you are coming from. On the flip side of this maybe it’s nothing to do with the points deduction. Maybe it’s finally Dyche’s plan starting to work.

Key things, DCL being back, he’s so much more than goals.
Myko finally hitting form. Great to see he’s becoming a good left back.
Doucoure almost creating a position for himself. He’s not a striker, midfielder or a number 10, but it’s currently working.
Pickford, again hitting form and keeping clean sheets.
McNeil, a player who’s frustrating but at least he gets the ball and wants to run forward with it.
To me, this is the biggest…. Braithwaite, wow the kid is unreal. I just hope whoever comes in against Burnley doesn’t drop a clanger.
Indeed it started week 4. If you throw out the first 3 weeks, where we SHOULD have won two of them, we have been 6th in the PL. Sure 9 points in 9 days will be our best stretch, but we were playing well before that.

I would be interested to learn how anyone can characterise the Club's defence as shambolic unless they were present during the hearing. I have worked with and against several barristers over the years, and as in all walks of life there are good and bad performers.

Be that as it may, there does seem to be a justified view that the panel summarily dismissed relevant mitigating factors that might be considered unique to Everton's situation i.e the loss of sponsorship revenue due to sanctions and the inability to trade a player for non-footballing matters. It seemed very arbitrary for the panel to give no weight to those issues given the relatively modest scale of the breach.

I would expect the Club to press heavily on those points in the appeal process.

I would be interested to learn how anyone can characterise the Club's defence as shambolic unless they were present during the hearing. I have worked with and against several barristers over the years, and as in all walks of life there are good and bad performers.

Be that as it may, there does seem to be a justified view that the panel summarily dismissed relevant mitigating factors that might be considered unique to Everton's situation i.e the loss of sponsorship revenue due to sanctions and the inability to trade a player for non-footballing matters. It seemed very arbitrary for the panel to give no weight to those issues given the relatively modest scale of the breach.

I would expect the Club to press heavily on those points in the appeal process.
I think our main issue was believing that coming clean to the premier league would help us in the first place. We were already bang to rights in there eyes before we even stepped in front of a panel.

From then on, our defence of breaking the rules was always “yes, but…”

Agree But I still think we will get back 4 or 5 points...ten points was just ridiculous.

Solidifying our prem status quickly could have massive implications to the ownership situation if expected 777 falls apart and we no longer have support with the working capital. Getting 3 or 4 points back in the next few weeks would be big

Even if we get the points back, It goes on forever now mate - we never stop highlighting and fighting the blatant corruption, and we pass the baton on to our kids and our kids kids, for generations. We were here before those dodgy greedy crooks and we will be long long after they’ve packed it in, the PL and Sly sports have started something they can’t finish with us.

Me and the kids will Boo that crappy PL anthem until there’s no air left in our lungs, and I hope they get their kids to do that as well.

I’m protesting til the day I die.

Have a word mate. It's only points and realistically the only effect is we will finish 15th instead of 10th. There's wars going on around the world. We broke the rules and got penalised. Yes harshly but the only matter for consternation is if other clubs get off more lightly now for similar offences. Until then just chill.

Have a word mate. It's only points and realistically the only effect is we will finish 15th instead of 10th. There's wars going on around the world. We broke the rules and got penalised. Yes harshly but the only matter for consternation is if other clubs get off more lightly now for similar offences. Until then just chill.

'Only' finishing 15th instead of 10th is >£10 million in lost revenue. We all know the clubs financial situation, that kind of money is massive.

Not sure what ongoing global conflicts has got to do with this conversation.