6 + 2 Point Deductions

I see what you’re getting at but I’d say no. We were already on the up.
On the pitch, yes, and obviously I'd prefer we didn't have a penalty. But I can't help feel that it's really brought everyone together again - us against them.

Like I said, at the moment everything else feels forgotten. It's like when Goodison gets up on its feet for a heavy tackle or an injustice.

Saw a snippet from an ITK journo saying that we'll be getting at least four of those points back on appeal.
But us being us, I can see this recent winning streak potentially working against us.
Around the table at Premier League HQ I envisage a discussion on the lines of "look people, those bluenoses are going to stay up regardless of those ten points. Giving any of them back gives the impression we were wrong so don't give any of them back"

This doesn’t make any sense, I don’t understand why anyone would think like tis.

There'll be no reduction of this on appeal.

This is 10 points and it'll send us through the trap door.

We've had our purple patch, other clubs will have theirs.

This is a HUGE boost to Burnley, Luton and Sheff Utd.

I think we've had a our decent period.

Our players will be knocked for six by this. The opposition will be boosted.
Just three weeks ago :coffee:

This season is pure ‘Everton’, only us would finally get back around the top 10 but for a points deduction to kill any chances of finishing up there.
Same as finally getting wealthy owners and messing it up.
It’s the same reason I fully expect Bramley Moore to subside or somehow get savaged by a storm about a week before we are meant to move there.

This doesn’t make any sense, I don’t understand why anyone would think like tis.
I think it makes perfect sense for them to think in those terms.

If their deduction relegated Everton, it’d blow the story even bigger, increase the scrutiny on their decision making even more - and set anticipation levels for what they may do in future regarding more serious offenders soaring.

I suspect they want this to go away now. Their thinking will be that we won’t complain too much if we keep winning, and they won’t have to lose and face or be seen to back down by reducing the sanction.

I don’t like that scenario in the slightest, but I can absolutely envisage that.

If their deduction relegated Everton, it’d blow the story even bigger, increase the scrutiny on their decision making even more - and set anticipation levels for what they may do in future regarding more serious offenders soaring.

I suspect they want this to go away now. Their thinking will be that we won’t complain too much if we keep winning, and they won’t have to lose and face or be seen to back down by reducing the sanction.

I don’t like that scenario in the slightest, but I can absolutely envisage that.

I’m completely the opposite. If the points deduction was the reason we were in the relegation zone, and we got the points back and put someone else back there, all hell would break loose. That’s the absolute last scenario they want.

The further away we get the more sense it makes to just give us the points back, that way it truly can just be brushed under the carpet without controversy.

Agree 100%.
If it doesn't become an issue for them they'll do nothing.
As things stand they've dealt with it as far as they are concerned.
Long way to go in the league but things looking good. Our recent run doesn't mask the injustice. Those points were very hard fought for. They are ours.

In a perverse and almost paradoxical way, has the points deduction been one of the best things to happen to the club? It's drawn everyone together.

The attention has been drawn away from 777, Moshiri and Kenwrong and everything else; we're all in it together and the players are fuelled from it.

We were much improved even before the points deduction. Dyche deserves a lot of credit. Outside of villa away and arsenal home I think we've performed at least decently in every game. The points and goals are now starting to follow these performances. We look a top half team.

We were much improved even before the points deduction. Dyche deserves a lot of credit. Outside of villa away and arsenal home I think we've performed at least decently in every game. The points and goals are now starting to follow these performances. We look a top half team.
Yeah. I’ve non Everton mates who are saying it’s a siege mentality and all that but results were improving before the deduction.