6 + 2 Point Deductions

Andy Burnham was in the studio with Sophie Ridge this evening on Sky News. He was talking about our punishment. He was very supportive of our plight.

Somebody needs to clip his soundbite and get it circulating on Twitter. I’d do it myself but I haven’t got a clue how to do it, as I don’t do social media.

You can't underestimate the psychological blow of losing 10 points and immediately being cut adrift by 5 points. This is yet another thing to deal with after 3 years of draining relegation fights.

You can say you've been galvanised but life isn't as simple as that, and footballers are humans and can't not be effected. We struggled with the occassion and the pressure, and getting hit by a sucker punch obviously makes it twice as hard. We would only find out how we've been effected once we played, and it was always more likely to negatively effect us rather than give us a boost. Who performs better in their job when the stress and pressure gets far more intense? It's not how these things work.

It doesn't get easier either. We have to find a way to deal with the pressure because it doesn't go away, but it's not going to be easy.

This is much more than just 10 points. It's something that could easily derail the club and leave everyone completely demoralised. Not to mention the huge boost it gives to our rivals. It's not something we can cope with and we need at least some points back

Last edited:

I half agree, I think they'll try and stick to their guns.

However, I don't think we accept it and it might go past the league and go out of their hands. No way on earth this stands in the long term.
I think the PL is self governing, which is why there’s been calls for independent regulators to come in.

They pretty much make their own rules currently and nobody can stop them from implementing them.

And the only reason the Government wants to get involved is to get paid.

Exactly this.

I'm not sure what's worse, a PL that is interested in making itself more money, or an "independent" regulator, closer to the government, making decisions based upon geopolitics.

Make no mistake, the change in regulation is not a guarantee of improvement, it just gives other people chances of making money.

Finally caught up lol

Nevermind other football fans (Wolves fans get it), don't think some of our fans get it. The 10 points is wrong, the whole charade was wrong. The punishment itself was on a scale that was totally disproportionate, as analogies go it's like doing 33 MPH in a 30 zone and the punishment is being jailed for life.

But actually it's more than that. It's the premise that the Premier League have acted poorly and without integrity and fairness, (ironically the kind of accusation they've made towards Everton). It's clear Everton have been used as a pawn, as a guinea pig, so that the Premier League can bat away the need for an independent regulator. That's just my take.

Andy Burnham, not just an Evertonian, or politician, but as a former Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport, has, just a little, understanding of these matters, and he's posted his take on this and made it glaringly obvious the whole process is flawed. Everyone out there sticking the knife in to Everton, you cheated, you broke the rules, you're lucky it's only 10 points. No Everton didn't cheat, they made a pigs ear of it but Christ we know that. Sack the board we said!

This has to be stripped right back, punishment thrown out. Hopefully the Independent Regulator will have something to say about the Premier League in the near future. The PL made a big mistake taking on Everton, like the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited: