6 + 2 Point Deductions

Everyone has been harping on about other clubs being able to sue Everton, or other clubs suing the Premier League because they might be unhappy with the disciplinary procedure. But nobody seems to speaking about Everton suing the Premier League for their handling of our case.

I think our case would be every bit as strong (or as weak) as the arguments that would be made from the likes of Burnley et al. So if Burnley could have a case against the Premier League, then we must surely also have a case against the Premier League as well, right?

What would we be suing them for? Well, a lot of the stuff mentioned within that Mike Gow article would be a good start. The excessive punishment based on an unquantifiable sporting advantage, along with the lack of regulations and rules when it comes to issuing a sanction to a club etc.

i know mate - it’s f n everton gets in my head and booom.

i hope so mate it’s so unjust thank you i know i do all your heads in x

Might take a while mate but something good will come from all of this I'm sure. Doesn't feel like it now and I think we're in fir a rough arse 5-6 weeks.

But we will scrape through it, we've just got to hang on in there.

Personally, I don’t think any of this is going to end up in a court of law, but why is it that every other club seems to be considering legal action apart from Everton?

If Burnley can sue because they think the procedure took too long, then Everton can sue for excessive punishments and the lack of any sanctions policy.

Personally, I don’t think any of this is going to end up in a court of law, but why is it that every other club seems to be considering legal action apart from Everton?

If Burnley can sue because they think the procedure took too long, then Everton can sue for excessive punishments and the lack of any sanctions policy.

Are Burnley suing the PL?

Imagine how much they'll get sued for in 2076 when they finally decide on City's charges.

Are Burnley suing the PL?

Imagine how much they'll get sued for in 2076 when they finally decide on City's charges.

I don’t think anyone is going to sue anyone tbh. But I’m sick and tired of reading the reports about everyone else taking legal action, yet the prospect of Everton taking their own legal action never gets mentioned.

Everton need to be much stronger in their communication about everything, from crap or bent referees to the attempts to ruin a football club under the guise of ‘sustainability’.

There was no quantifiable sporting advantage yet they gave us a quantifiable sporting punishment...
There was an inferred sporting advantage so why not an inferred punishment.
We may say that, but I’m pretty sure that the teams that finished below us wouldn’t agree .
I don’t think it’s an argument that will succeed.
better to claim that it’s impact was minimal, and quantify why that’s the case.

I reckon we have possible grounds to beat this, but I don’t feel like we will.

Just feel like for the PL to back down from such a harsh penalty will make them look like they haven’t got a clue what they’re doing (they haven’t).
I half agree, I think they'll try and stick to their guns.

However, I don't think we accept it and it might go past the league and go out of their hands. No way on earth this stands in the long term.