6 + 2 Point Deductions

Read today Everton had to run every signing by the premier league due to being close to P&S.
That worked out well for all concerned
A further argument is that if we had to run Transfers past the Premier League how does it make sense for them to the say it was all on us. What was the purpose of us having to get their approval. Why did we have to run it past them if they were not prepared to refuse to register a player.

Further issues not really considered by the commission is that:

1. The Rules provided that there was a wide range of penalties available. Why did they consider that the entry point here was a harsh points deduction when the rules envisaged a wide range of penalties..
2. Secondly the Premier League is a group of companies who have entered into an agreement. That means that any breach of that agreement (ignoring the usual consequences of a breach of contract) should be determined by the companies themselves. The model put forward by the Premier League was not approved (6 points with 1 points per 5 million breach) and secondly all 20 companies agreed that the punishment for the failure by the big six for not acting with the utmost good faith was a fine. That is the only precedent that the Premier League has in terms of punishment and they ignored it.

3. Given that this is a contractual arrangement between 20 clubs the use of other examples in other countries or indeed the EFL as a guide is nonsense.

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta on his former club Everton's 10-point deduction: "I feel very connected to the club and it is a very difficult moment as it puts the club in a difficult position. But they have found themselves in a difficult position before and managed to get themselves out.

"If there are qualities that describes that club it is the coverage, determination and the fight. They will fight against anything and I wish them the best."

Think youve been watching too many american movies my friend. Jury is selected at random from our electoral register. Both prosecution or defence can challenge any jury members they deem unfit. For instance they have a criminal record or they see a post on their facebook where they are cleary a racist.

Premier leagues independent commitee is selected by....drum roll....the PL. A dog does not bite the hand that feeds it
Sorry but that’s not correct.

The head of the judicial committee of the PL is appointed by a vote at a general meeting of all PL shareholders ( the 20 clubs + the FA)

Any complaint raised by the PL is passed to the head of the judicial committee who then takes the matter forward

Member's of Independent Commissions are made up by members from the disciplinary panel who are appointed by the head of the judicial Committee through open competition or if a hearing requires a specific skill then again their place on a commission is determined by that same individual

I am far from sure that you would get total independence no matter which route you go down and would guess that’s the case in most matters but I do wonder if like a jury who reach a conclusion the sanction shouldn’t be a matter for the commission but a n other ( perhaps the shareholders) who at least would be more balanced

Got to think that we are going to get 4+ points back on appeal. I can't think of one pundit who has said this isn't harsh. We've had sky sports pundits, talksport pundits, match of the day pundits, fan group pundits including redmentv. Various other ex players.

The common consensus is that the punishment doesn't fit the crime and surely the weight of this will be strong in any appeal.