6 + 2 Point Deductions

Perhaps they were setting Everton up for a fall?

Observations suggest the PL approved but it was essentially Everton who had to stay within the spending limits. Suppose it's like having a credit card and they up your limit thinking you're a good egg, and then you go and max it out and can't pay.

(Speaking from experience too!)

But in that period and the players mentioned on the show we sold £130+mill worth of players with a negative net spend.

So they clearly were fine with what we were doing. Or at least letting us believe we were.

If the PL are savvy about this, the appeal process is the ideal time to course correct/suspend/reduce/switch out the punishment.

They’d be fools to not utilise it.

The appeal process will be done by the end of the year, they can’t have the final few games of the season overshadowed by whether or not we get our points back. The bottom three need clear visibility of their positions during the run in.

They can’t know the P&L each time a player is registered. And even if they did, it’s still Evertons responsibility to remain compliant.

I didn't say the P&L. Balance sheet.
Moot point but if they can't monitor it against something why are they signing off our purchases?

According to Jordan EFC were in special measures, one such was that each transaction had to be approved by the PL and the club provide detail on why they are in no worse position financially.

I didn't say the P&L. Balance sheet.
Moot point but if they can't monitor it against something why are they signing off our purchases?

According to Jordan EFC were in special measures, one such was that each transaction had to be approved by the PL and the club provide detail on why they are in no worse position financially.
The P&L is what we’re being judged on.

Let me just have this right a second….

I am all for this let’s get behind making the Premier League look corrupt as I do believe it is. I have said for a few years they have tried to relegate us and some people on here have laughed at me. However, so far in this whole scenario, haven’t the Premier League actually done nothing but accept what the independent commission told them to do? Or am i completely wrong here.

Let me just have this right a second….

I am all for this let’s get behind making the Premier League look corrupt as I do believe it is. I have said for a few years they have tried to relegate us and some people on here have laughed at me. However, so far in this whole scenario, haven’t the Premier League actually done nothing but accept what the independent commission told them to do? Or am i completely wrong here.

The PL since Aug21 monitored and approved all player purchases and then recommended Everton have broken FFP regs.