6 + 2 Point Deductions

I have no idea how clubs can sue Everton for overspending. Until there is a verdict there is no foul. So even though the event might happened in 2022, not until now were we guilty. The punishment is also given out now. Firstly you can’t go back in time and backdate the points deduction so we are being penalized now, secondly our overspending cannot be linked in any way directly to our position on the log. It is totally and completely disconnected to the league position… obviously . I just dont see a case against us based on any proof of financial loss.

Either you get points taken now, OR the clubs can claim financial loss cos we should have lost points in the season of the “crime”.
Can’t be both.

Doesn't mean that they want to suddenly go paying loads of compo money to other clubs on top of the money that needs paying out as is here for things like the stadium/loans/running costs. I can well see them backing off (I don't think they will btw)
The stories that clubs can demand hundreds of millions is way wide of the mark.

As it stands, Leeds is the club with the strongest case and they'd be owed a max of £2-3m.

But Everton need to start hitting back.

They said" IF"... yes they did say " IF" didn't they.... big word" IF" isn't it. You sound desperate again..
He's not wrong, mate.

The report claims that Everton did not deliberately gain a sporting advantage, but given there was a serious breach - which nobody, Everton included, is disagreeing with - then that constitutes a sporting advantage.

Now, we know in reality, that there was no sporting advantage. But 'legally', there could be seen to be. However, the burden of proof would be on the complainant clubs to prove that the £19.5m Everton were over by, cost them.

Yer I seen the Guardian saying that this morning but I don’t know if these mechanisms anticipated the commission opening the floodgates for further litigation by the relegated sides. It won’t Be £300m but it could very easily be in the tens of millions
And if those relegated sides do open litigation the PL are going to be dragged into this too.

If, for example, Burnley and Leeds sue for damages/loss of earnings in 2021-22, that will mean they are acting as such that Everton should have received a points deduction that season. That would mean it is impossible for the current points deduction to stand. They can't have it both ways.

The PL have opened up a can of worms and Everton need to be on it. They need to get the best lawyers (our) money can buy because frankly they'd likely wipe the floor with the Prem.

City will have them for breakfast.

The stories that clubs can demand hundreds of millions is way wide of the mark.

As it stands, Leeds is the club with the strongest case and they'd be owed a max of £2-3m.

But Everton need to start hitting back.
Team form would have to come into any case and Leeds were on a massive downward spiral and would most likely have gone down anyway, but yes we do need to start fighting back a bit, Chongs statement was so predictable yesterday.

It had a lot to do with the fact we needed oil from the Saudi's at the same time because of what was going on in Ukraine, essentially no deal , no oil.

It wasn't that, it was a huge deal in the offing for KSA for industry investment in the North East. Without that investment their capability to deliver the Towns Fund was greatly reduced. It was entirely a Govt. decision to allow KSA PFI invest in Newcastle and they pressured the EPL to allow it. Quite what the actual deal was, I don't know..

And if those relegated sides do open litigation the PL are going to be dragged into this too.

If, for example, Burnley and Leeds sue for damages/loss of earnings in 2021-22, that will mean they are acting as such that Everton should have received a points deduction that season. That would mean it is impossible for the current points deduction to stand. They can't have it both ways.

The PL have opened up a can of worms and Everton need to be on it. They need to get the best lawyers (our) money can buy because frankly they'd likely wipe the floor with the Prem.

City will have them for breakfast.
I'm confused how multiple teams can sue for the same season. Surely only the team in 18th could have stayed up in the hypothetical scenario we had a penalty in a previous season?

19th or 20th place would still have gone down.

It wasn't within the rules. That is why it wasn't allowed. That is why we dropped it at the pre-trial.

As for lying or being dishonest, the club stated that the Stadium loans were interest-bearing. They were not.

The club stated that the Metro and media rights loans were for the Stadium so we could add the interest paid to our permissible deductions. They did that knowing that the terms of the loan were freely available as a download from companies house. Absolute amateur hour.

At the pre-trial the club dropped the COVID loss argument. So why are you even bringing it up.

Going almost 20% over permissible losses is a serious breach. A points deduction was inevitable. Moshiri had ample opportunity to get us within P&S rules. He chose not to. The aggravating issues of misleading the PL is why we got a harsher punishment.
How do you think you'll do in the europa league this season?

It wasn't that, it was a huge deal in the offing for KSA for industry investment in the North East. Without that investment their capability to deliver the Towns Fund was greatly reduced. It was entirely a Govt. decision to allow KSA PFI invest in Newcastle and they pressured the EPL to allow it. Quite what the actual deal was, I don't know..
Correct. Yet another one of Johnson's murky and dubious deals