6 + 2 Point Deductions

Doesn't mean that they want to suddenly go paying loads of compo money to other clubs on top of the money that needs paying out as is here for things like the stadium/loans/running costs. I can well see them backing off (I don't think they will btw)
It is standard practice when purchasing a business to ensure the existing owners indemnify the new owners for any pre-existing legal issues.

They could try and sue but my understanding is that they stand very little chance.
As a retired solicitor I'm not so sure .

There was an earlier case which accepted that in principle a claim can be brought by one club against another and the commission specifically said that it may be possible for a club affected to bring a claim.

The big problem is the uncertainty.

Any such litigation would take years and years to come to trial ( interesting that West Ham settled out of court with Sheff U over the Tevez / Mascherano affair. )

My estimate would be that the litigation would drag on for at least 3 years.

That takes away the immediate threat of administration from Everton being unable to pay any damages against them.

However the uncertainty could lead any prospective buyer to conclude that a purchase of Everton was too fraught with difficulty and lead to administration if Moshiri is unable / unwilling to fund it.

I suspect that the outcome will be Moshiri having to massively reduce his asking price and the new owners doing a deal with affected clubs to prevent future litigation and give certainty

They didn't. They said the opposite. They said that if a club has a serious breach of P&S rules then the inference has to be that they gained a sporting advantage.
IMG_0101.jpeg

They didn't. They said the opposite. They said that if a club has a serious breach of P&S rules then the inference has to be that they gained a sporting advantage.
Honestly cba saying it to you anymore it has why you think is not just me who have said it, the lads on the view from the bullens, toffee tv list goes on.

As a retired solicitor I'm not so sure .

There was an earlier case which accepted that in principle a claim can be brought by one club against another and the commission specifically said that it may be possible for a club affected to bring a claim.

The big problem is the uncertainty.

Any such litigation would take years and years to come to trial ( interesting that West Ham settled out of court with Sheff U over the Tevez / Mascherano affair. )

My estimate would be that the litigation would drag on for at least 3 years.

That takes away the immediate threat of administration from Everton being unable to pay any damages against them.

However the uncertainty could lead any prospective buyer to conclude that a purchase of Everton was too fraught with difficulty and lead to administration if Moshiri is unable / unwilling to fund it.

I suspect that the outcome will be Moshiri having to massively reduce his asking price and the new owners doing a deal with affected clubs to prevent future litigation and give certainty
Wonder if this could bring in any potential new owners if at at a lower price