6 + 2 Point Deductions

So many of our mitigations have been rejected because "well you should just have sold players then"

This is FFP in a nutshell: helping the vultures at bigger clubs get all the best players to keep the rest at arms length. Had a bad couple of years financially? Give us your players or we'll take your points.
Nobody will ever break the mould now. There’s too many stipulations. I think the Super League will still go ahead in the future. I wanted it to happen when it was announced. I would have just relegated them all and promoted 6 teams from the championship and so on and so on. It was a perfect opportunity to rebrand.

The Premier League is awful. How can teams try and compete. The fact is, you can’t. Even Wolves tried it, they failed. Villa will fail. It’s all about that top 6. Nothing else matters.

John Brewin

FEELING BLUE​

Everton have been docked a full 10 (TEN!) points for contravening financial fair play regulations. That’s a Premier League record (just not one to boast about) and the first time since Portsmouth were deducted nine in 2010 that any club have been docked points at all. Having been referred to an independent commission in March for alleged breaches during the 2021-22 season, the commission upheld the charges and deducted 10 points off the Toffees’ total, dropping them from 14 points to four. Oh, Everton!
That now places them 19th in the table, only Burnley behind them on goal difference. Sean Dyche’s team have won three matches from their last five in the Premier League and will need to continue that form to pull away from the relegation zone. Last year Burnley and Leeds wrote to the Premier League to question whether Everton had broken the rules after they recorded losses of £371.8m over the last three years. Clubs are allowed to lose a maximum of £105m over three years.
“The club does not recognise the finding that it failed to act with the utmost good faith and it does not understand this to have been an allegation made by the Premier League during the course of proceedings,” roared an Everton club statement. “Both the harshness and severity of the sanction imposed by the commission are neither a fair nor a reasonable reflection of the evidence submitted. The club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules.”
As sure as there is night after day an appeal is expected, and so too might be similarly heavy penalties for other clubs found to have broken the rules. The only good news for Everton is the presence of Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United in the Premier League this season.​

It isn't though. The FA and Everton have a duty of care to young players.

Would you be happy for your child to be taught by a teacher who had been arrested for child sex offences based on him being innocent until proven guilty?

Where have you been between your very regular posting in the Relegation thread up to 24th May (prior to the final game outcome), and then popping back up in this one today?

View attachment 235679
Here is a great illustration of Everton's marked improvement over a period during Dyche's tenure.
And if you listened or watched the Thelwell's interview, he mentioned that combined xg for and against was the best indicator the data team at Everton and all football teams used for determining a teams projection.

This data is what allowed him to keep calm while having meetings with Dyche and the other departments when we had 1 point after 5 games.

You talk a great game Davek but your words mean nowt
Fair play to silva there - looks to have done by far the best job of keeping goals for xg above goals against xg over a decent consistant stretch.

So we fell short by 6.5 million a season over the three seasons. Now that's a lot of money for an individual, normal person. But in premier league terms it's absolutely f all. How much do the RS, city, Chelsea, utd and now probably Newcastle spend on agents fees?? It's an absolute drop in the ocean.

I have made this comment before and sure it’s been said on the 121 pages but here’s my confusion.

Sustainability rules were supposedly introduced to protect football clubs from financial problems arising from spending beyond their means.

Today’s outcome could lead to potentially relegating a club with players on premier level salaries, who likely would be sold way under true valuations, the club has spent a huge amount of time and money on legal fees and prize money for final league position will be substantially reduced, all of which could force the club into administration, inducing a further points deduction and another potential relegation.

Can anyone explain to me how this level and method of punishment protects our football club and its sustainability?

Is the 10 point deduction fair? No. But if anything it validates the protesting from our fans over the last few years in regards to the board and Moshiri. We have been right this whole time. They are a stain on this club's history and today's point deduction is a result of their incompetence.

Spot on. We knew we were the worst run club in football for years.

But the board, happy clappers and comms team (amazingly all still in post) blamed us for the pitiful state of the club.

I remember being accused of misogyny for calling DBB's appointment madness. Never in million years did she have skills/experience to run PL club.

Bill's patronage was the only thing that mattered.

They've walked away with millions.

This appeal will have to happen quickly. The PL cannot have the season end with the appeal still pending, as if we’re involved with the bottom three then it’ll be a calamitous ending to the season. They’d be a global laughing stock.

I’d love a suspended application of the points, as long as we keep our noses clean. Not going to happen though, best case is reduction to 6pts.

So many of our mitigations have been rejected because "well you should just have sold players then"

This is FFP in a nutshell: helping the vultures at bigger clubs get all the best players to keep the rest at arms length. Had a bad couple of years financially? Give us your players or we'll take your points.

Its a farce and i cant believe i still have this debate with some people at times that they think its for the good of the majority.
The real reason is very sinister.

I think we need our calmest and safest heads to provide words of wisdom at this most difficult time.

@chicoazul
@davek
@ForeverBlue92

Please provide literary soothing balm to calm frayed nerves and quell righteous anger.

A wise man once told @ForeverBlue92 :

"nobody is above the rules, but power can make someone invisible".

I've told people on here for months now about the corruption on display but few wanted to listen, instead they followed the bedwetters in acts of self harm. Meanwhile the Tory Govt/Premiere League were being bought by Saudi blood money, Chelsea and Manchester City given free reign to do as they please and the "big 6" emboldened to continue to destroy football as we know it.