6 + 2 Point Deductions

Because most seasons it ends up being low to mid 30s is the line for staying up/going down. Now we might get a season where 3 teams are completely rubbish and not one of them gets near that but equally it’s not impossible for one team to get a new manager or new signing in January and get that sort of points total. So for us to get to a tally that sees us up comfortably without it going to the last day again we’ve got to now get a lot of results. We’re going to be in this for a while now which is just so annoying as we’d started to pull out of it for the first time in years.

Well 34pts last season kept you up and 35 the season before. The bottom teams in this years league are the worst we've had in a long, long time.

38 was complete pie in the sky.

I disagree - its a breach of PSR by less than £20 million, and has attracted almost the upper end of the scale of points deduction (10 out of a maximum 12) despite extensive cooperation and them looking over the books.

The verdict might not be overturned but the deduction could (should) be reduced, simply because it (if left in place) leaves clubs thinking of breaching PSR a precedent that you may as well absolutely cane it and obstruct the process because you'll only get an extra two points if they find you guilty.

The fact they didn’t accept the Ukraine war affected us was crazy, surely that will be taken into account on appeal.

The ten points is so arbitrary.

Well 34pts last season kept you up and 35 the season before. The bottom teams in this years league are the worst we've had in a long, long time.

38 was complete pie in the sky.

I’m not saying it’s 38 points or stay up, I’m saying it’s that to be comfortable at any point before the last few games. If we get 34 points we’re going to be in a relegation battle all season regardless of how rubbish the other three are.

So we’re looking at a low 40 points season just to survive and a mid to high 40s to survive without another horrendous run in experience.