6 + 2 Point Deductions

So we told them we had the intention of selling a player, didn't sell the player and instead gave that player a new contract in the summer of 2020? Who was the player? Tell me it wasn't Keane.

I thought myself that might be Digne - but obvs dont know - im sure its easily checkable.

I dont get that though, surely thats at our discretion and not breach of a rule. How is that an aggravating factor.

Just really cba with another relegation battle. It’s draining worrying about every single match week. Thought we’d be behind that this season and could just enjoy the game and improving team. This club just absolutely destroys you.

Headline on SSN
'Burnley, Leeds and Leicester intend to sue Everton for £300m'
Assuming this happened (big assumption), then that presumably means another 10-point deduction due to P&L...and/or 9 points for administration.

But the rules are for Profit & Sustainability!

3 of the last 7 matches consist of Burnley, Luton, and Sheffield. Those could decide our season and most likely they are going to be must wins. I'm not too worried though as I think we are improving under Dyche, not as much as we like and some of Dyche's decision making/tactics are questionable, but regardless, I think we will be ahead of those 3 teams when that time comes. By how much is the question though? Hopefully we have a little bit of wiggle room when the time comes.

Sadly we can't do anything like that. We are contractually obliged. Same with interviews etc. PL would sue us. They have the knives out for us now so as much as we may want to we have to do the contractual bare minimum. Work to rule essentially.
Yeah I get it........... I was just being petty.

But seriously, could we swap it to this?
1700231841782.png

😉

Kinell, just lol.

I know we’ve said for years that there is a bias towards Everton, if you ever needed concrete proof it’s this.

Compared to other teams in the league we haven’t even spent that much, city and Chelsea can do as they please and they get nothing. I honestly think they are scared of the top 6, so they leave them be, but plucky little Everton, let’s hammer them 10 points, proper [Poor language removed] houses. I bet we are the only team to get a points deduction as well, it’ll be a quiz question in 10 years.

Anyway, at least this year there is far poorer teams than us, so we might get away with it.

Disagree Dave - this decision will completely unify the support behind the club and players for at least the rest of this campaign, and probably for all time tbh.

Our clown show owners have not helped in getting us here, and they should have their feet held to the fire, probably as much as the pl needs to, but not above backing the lads and making our presence felt home and away.

We may have sticky patches, I grant you that, but so will the other teams around us, and i for one won’t be going after the players or the club until we’re clear.
Nah. First couple of games then we don't get points and then the fans turn on the club again.

We're knackered here. All the chest thumping stuff is understandable but short lived and won't see us galvanise players with the biggest excuse they need to not put it in.

We're down mate.