6 + 2 Point Deductions

So we sacked "Player X" a month after his arrest and no one ever knew.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 14.03.17.png

It's not ridiculous at all. What would be ridiculous would be accepting this absolutely ludicrous penalty and pretending that there is a lvel playing field in top flight football.
Ha Ha Ha... when has there ever been a level playing field? It's not the 60's now.

You cannot take huge sums of money from the Premier League and then expect to diss it and collect the same money. The Prem has rules. We have admitted to breaking them. We are arguing about how much we broke them by. Ridiculous.

So United next, then Forest away, then Newcastle and Chelsea before a huge game away to Burnley.

Then Fulham, Tottenham and City!!!

Keep smiling.

The sanction has been applied immediately so assume until an appeal were to intervene that's the points situation that applies. If the appeal isn't heard before the end of the season then I assume the -10 would continue to apply. It will be heard before the end of the season though.
No I don't think that's right .

I think the deduction will be suspended pending any appeal.

Ha Ha Ha... when has there ever been a level playing field? It's not the 60's now.

You cannot take huge sums of money from the Premier League and then expect to diss it and collect the same money. The Prem has rules. We have admitted to breaking them. We are arguing about how much we broke them by. Ridiculous.
Where have I suggested we should take huge sums of money from the premier league?

I suggested for example we should stop playing their theme song and the pre match ceremony and handshakes

Sadly we can't do anything like that. We are contractually obliged. Same with interviews etc. PL would sue us. They have the knives out for us now so as much as we may want to we have to do the contractual bare minimum. Work to rule essentially.

I’m sure Ferguson got fined after every Man U game for refusing to come out and do his post match interview.

I think we can Dave, it will be horrific to go through again but the manager and team is in a much better place now.
The fury over this will die down and we'll be slogging through games that don't go for us and the morale will be shattered.

We'll lose our way in January/February with injury and the pressure of it all.

Are people actually arguing here we'd have got 48/50 points this season - which is what we;ll have to do now.

No chance.

They deffo did this in the international break as well so there could be no responses in the pressers or at games on the weekend. They probably hope it will just go away if we win a few games and everyone forgets. The club needs to tie the PL up in appeals processes for as long as it can and then start going for why the scab six weren’t punished and where are City and Chelsea’s case up to.
The PL has declared war to this football club literally and hoping indeed that we just stay silent, the media stay silent...we have to make it ugly every match day week for the league to understand that they can't get away with it. The bigger ever premier league point deduction ever, and everton to get it first...

I’m so angry, I can barely type. Livid doesn’t come close!
Man City best be getting a punishment that reflects their rule breaking, cos this is an absolute disgrace on so many levels!

It’s only a disgrace if others get away with it, so at the moment it’s not really much of a disgrace tbh

We broke the rules and an independent commission looked at both sides arguments and agreed with the premier league.

Not sure if already posted but player Y seems to be Michael Keane. If we had sold him that summer instead of giving him a 5 year deal we wouldn't be in this mess...

I do realise there is more than one factor in all of this.