Homepage Update: Podcast - Can Beggars Be Choosers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Groucho submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Podcast - Can Beggars Be Choosers?
sam-allardyce2-1024x461.jpg

Everton continued their poor run of form with a 4-1 defeat at Southampton on Sunday afternoon, and have now won only once in seven games under temporary manager David Unsworth.

In this podcast, Adam and Groucho look back on the defeat and have some strong words for Everton's more 'senior' players (mainly Kevin Mirallas and Morgan Schneiderlin). The pair also debate the impact that Wayne Rooney could have had on the game, and speculate on the supposed imminent appointment of Sam Allardyce...

Both Adam and Groucho conclude that although not ideal, Evertonians will have to accept the position we now find ourselves in, and therefore may need to get behind the new regime (with the hope of saving this car crash of a season).

Yeah, I think it is Orly, need to get it deleted do we? @Groucho

Nah was just wondering.

Could I leave some feedback here? In the first post this has been written

Both Adam and Groucho conclude that although not ideal, Evertonians will have to accept the position we now find ourselves in, and therefore may need to get behind the new regime (with the hope of saving this car crash of a season).

If you give people the final summary, are they going to listen to the proceeding 49 minutes?

Just as an example the Echo one had four people and you could guarantee (even if it was staged) at least two people would be diametrically opposed and it was would get much more 'lively'.

I'm just thinking that even if you think about one of the really massively successful early podcasts, the Ricky Gervais one in the early 2000s, people loved it because you had Pilkington as the weird 'third wheel'. Here, we've got two people who essentially start off agreeing with each other and then carry on doing so for nearly an hour.

Still though, 490+ listens is good numbers for an overnight.

If you give people the final summary, are they going to listen to the proceeding 49 minutes?.

Good observations, Orly. I suppose I'm trying to just give people enough insight into what the podcast actually includes. When we first started doing them I got a message saying I needed to add more of a description of what we actually cover so that people know why they should listen, but you're right to point this out and probably something I've written without too much thought.

Here, we've got two people who essentially start off agreeing with each other and then carry on doing so for nearly an hour.

True, and I suppose that doesn't make for fantastic listening if you prefer things to get heated but I suppose I'm not very good at pretending. Like, I genuinely found little issue with what @Groucho said. Ha-ha.

But yeah, again, decent feedback. Thanks mate.

Good observations, Orly. I suppose I'm trying to just give people enough insight into what the podcast actually includes. When we first started doing them I got a message saying I needed to add more of a description of what we actually cover so that people know why they should listen, but you're right to point this out and probably something I've written without too much thought.

True, and I suppose that doesn't make for fantastic listening if you prefer things to get heated but I suppose I'm not very good at pretending. Like, I genuinely found little issue with what @Groucho said. Ha-ha.

But yeah, again, decent feedback. Thanks mate.

No worries buddy. If anything, the comments bump the thread up.

For the description, surely people would be happy with four bullet point themes?

Also that's fair about not disagreeing with each other but three or possibly four people on the chat means you'd definitely increase the likelihood in a divergence of opinions.

Just as a peer-comparison, I'd be really surprised if the most watched / liked ToffeeTV, EBM and BlueRoom content isn't 3+ people on the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.