Players You Forgot Played For Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesper Blomqvist! Heard his name on the radio the other day related to Man Utd and it took me days remember he played for us for a season! Wikipedia tells me 15 times as well!

Who else have we had over the years that we've completely forgotten about?

Did you know that in his 4 years playing in England he only scored 2 goals, 1 for Man Utd and 1 for us, both scored at the Park End.

Seems like we did indeed watch different players. Scored a few goals, his first touch was great, could pass, good in the air and actually was one of the only ones who formed a good partnership with Ferguson (even if he didnt like him..)

His attitude was the problem, not his ability. Only played half a season or so for us before Smith decided he didn't like his attitude. Obviously not much evidence to judge him off but he had ability.

Fergusons goal in that derby was the result of a lovely bit of control and touch by Madar by the way.
we had a shocking team that season, Dunc pulled up trees to keep us up, arguably his best or at least most important season for us, Madar stopped playing, I agree there was a player in there somewhere, and he is arguably our best looking player of the prem era, but he wasn't right upstairs

I have no real memory of Blomqvist, must have been absorbed in to Alexandersson. Seems he played almost no games and cost a ridiculous fee.
think we got him on a free, good player when he arrived at utd, fergie preferring him to giggs at times, decimated by injuries, did okayish at us, fell out with moist and left

I've not read the whole thread on this subject but someone who was superb in his time here but never gets talked about when it comes to selecting, for example, a best Everton squad or similar -- Peter Beardsley.

Status
Not open for further replies.