Players who you thought were going to be boss but turned out to be gash

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrumBlue1878

Player Valuation: £500k
Sorry for a new thread and all but looking over the worst players to play for us thread I noticed a lot of players who we signed for relatively big money who turned out to be pretty poor. So which players did you have high expectations of on the basis of their previous form or their first few games in the royal blue jersey who turned out to be gash?
1) James Beattie- from what he did at Saints I thought he'd do it but he never quite hit the heights I thought he would.
2) Jelavic- looked like a top forward near the end of 2012 but turned out to be a real disappointment.
3) Gosling- scored against them lot and United but never quite lived up to my expectation and hype.

Slaven Bilic. I remember thinking he looked great in his first match. Also young Jon O'Connor (whatever happened to him?)...

dejavu_fry.jpeg

Slaven Bilic. I remember thinking he looked great in his first match. Also young Jon O'Connor (whatever happened to him?)...
'95 or so Jon O'Connor looked boss. Dunno why he didn't make more appearances. He went to Sheff Utd at one point.

James McFadden. His performance against Leeds was one of the best i've ever seen. Took the piss out of them but went downhill after that.

Bily. He looked quality against Athens. His corners were great as well, and I think after that game he developed the same problem as all the rest of the players these days. Aims to pick out the first defender so it gets cleared away with ease, or he is just awful at corners.

Bloody Billy. From the moment we signed him, i said after every game to my dad "he will come good" and its safe to say the rest was history.

Status
Not open for further replies.