Players who you have an unexplained love of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claus Lundekvam.

Was a brilliant centre half for Southampton, and he was very good on the ball. Always thought he'd be a brilliant player for one of the top sides.

Obviously had demons though, just read this. Maybe the big teams knew more than we did.

"He later had problems with drink and drug abuse. In July 2012, Lundekvam claimed that he, team-mates and opposing captains were involved in betting fraud. "We could make deals with the opposing captain about, for example, betting on the first throw, the first corner, who started with the ball, a yellow card or a penalty. Those were the sorts of thing we had influence over."[6] These allegations were later denied by Lundekvam's former team-mate and captain, Francis Benali"

From wikipedia.

Mike Lyons for me. Lumbering Giant with limited skill but would risk having his head
kicked off his shoulders and always put his body on the line like no one else. Would
have literally taken a bullet for Everton I think.

Graham Alexander, Robbie Blake, Bryan 'The Beast' Jensen. Pretty much Burnley c. 08 when Coyle was making his mark and they knocked Chelsea out the League Cup and ended up getting promoted that year. Robbie Blake scoring the winner against United... Ace. Coyle you judas

Bernie Wright - we used to laugh on how the blues got a kit to fit him! he was a joke of a player, but my all time favourite was John Hurst sheer class of a player who you only noticed when he was not playing he was one great player!

Last edited:

Graham Alexander, Robbie Blake, Bryan 'The Beast' Jensen. Pretty much Burnley c. 08 when Coyle was making his mark and they knocked Chelsea out the League Cup and ended up getting promoted that year. Robbie Blake scoring the winner against United... Ace. Coyle you judas
Totally echo Robbie Blake. Love players who have no pace but are still skilful.

Status
Not open for further replies.