Players Out Next Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raino85

Player Valuation: £35m
Was thinking this morning about what players may be leaving is next summer for one reason or another and i came up with the following

Out of contract
Hibbert
Osman
Gibson
Kone
Oviedo
Pienaar

Lack of game time
Mcgeady
Joel
McCaleny

Other teams wanting our players
Stones
Lukaku

Now the only players id be disapointed if they left are stones and lukaku all the rest are either injured or not good enough or old.
But that is 11 first team squad members we may not have next season. Is it sensible to have this many outgoings and to replace these outgoings does that mean we will definatly have to sell a stones/lukaku?

A mass exodus or influx of players is never the way forward. We are built on solid foundations and so it should continue.

From those you name out of contract, I'd expect Kone to deservedly get a new deal on reduced terms providing his form continues. So too Ovideo because of his versatility.

The end is nigh for Gibson and Hibbert I think. Osman should be kept as a squad player and his blue roots. Can't have too many Everton fans in the squad, plus any new deal will be buttons.

McGeady will sign for Sunderland, or any other a struggling side, in January I reckon.

Was thinking this morning about what players may be leaving is next summer for one reason or another and i came up with the following

Out of contract
Hibbert
Osman
Gibson
Kone
Oviedo
Pienaar

Lack of game time
Mcgeady
Joel
McCaleny

Other teams wanting our players
Stones
Lukaku

Now the only players id be disapointed if they left are stones and lukaku all the rest are either injured or not good enough or old.
But that is 11 first team squad members we may not have next season. Is it sensible to have this many outgoings and to replace these outgoings does that mean we will definatly have to sell a stones/lukaku?

Hibbert has effectively been replaced in house by youth players already
Osman has effectively been replaced by the addition of Cleverley already
Gibson is realistically 5th choice centre mid behind Barry, McCarthy, Besic and Cleverley - Ledson will take up that role from the squad
Kone - keeps this form up he will get a one year extension
Oviedo - Garbutt is coming back next season from loan so that's this spot filled as Baines backup - another in house promotion to take up a squad position - plus Galloway has shown he is more than capable of filling that role himself
Pienaar - the only position that we need to look at a replacement for - but he tried this off season to get Yarmolenko for exactly that spot i think - will maybe try again in January for him or someone similar - and the funds should be their for that

McGeady - already been replaced by the addition of Lennon and Deulofeu
Joel - Backup keeper so not really arsed anyway
McCaleny - not good enough and not ever really featured so no loss to the team

Basically mate the last part about selling to replace them all i think i have answered why it won't and shouldn't be needed, of all those players none of them actually do anything for the club nowadays and have already been replaced except for Kone - who probably will get a one year extension and for the Pienaar role which we should have 15m to sort in January after failing in the summer to spend it.

Just to add when your trying as we are to build a team and to use as a strong foundation of that team building the promotion of talent from the academy and under 21's, by common sense it means every year as some older or not good enough players leave they will not be replaced by new players bought in but rather by promotion from the academy, else their wouldn't be any room for them and you end up with a Chelsea/United/City like situation of never bringing any player through that's been developed at the club

Hibbert has effectively been replaced in house by youth players already
Osman has effectively been replaced by the addition of Cleverley already
Gibson is realistically 5th choice centre mid behind Barry, McCarthy, Besic and Cleverley - Ledson will take up that role from the squad
Kone - keeps this form up he will get a one year extension
Oviedo - Garbutt is coming back next season from loan so that's this spot filled as Baines backup - another in house promotion to take up a squad position - plus Galloway has shown he is more than capable of filling that role himself
Pienaar - the only position that we need to look at a replacement for - but he tried this off season to get Yarmolenko for exactly that spot i think - will maybe try again in January for him or someone similar - and the funds should be their for that

McGeady - already been replaced by the addition of Lennon and Deulofeu
Joel - Backup keeper so not really arsed anyway
McCaleny - not good enough and not ever really featured so no loss to the team

Basically mate the last part about selling to replace them all i think i have answered why it won't and shouldn't be needed, of all those players none of them actually do anything for the club nowadays and have already been replaced except for Kone - who probably will get a one year extension and for the Pienaar role which we should have 15m to sort in January after failing in the summer to spend it.

I agree 100% with this.

I am hoping we might look at Howard's position next summer and potentially flog him back to the MLS, but other than that I think this is a fair assessment of what is likely to happen.

The big money needs to be spent on Pienaar's replacement because essentially the other replacements are already at the club. Only one I'm not sold on is the replacement for Hibbert. I remain unconvinced we have anyone at the club capable of deputising effectively for Coleman, whereas I would have no worries on the other side if Baines were injured.

Of the out of contract players only Kone and Oviedo are worth keeping. Gibson deserves nothing more than a bottle of white lightening and a park bench to shout random obscenities from.

Nah we don't need to sell anyone to replenish those we'll lose next Summer. I expect us to strengthen in January and then next Summer we have a LOT of money coming in from the TV deal coupled with another year's experience for the young lads coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.