Players coming to us at end of their careers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I read Ashley Young article before and how much he's enjoying playing for the club, crowd.

Some of my favourite players have come to us at the end their careers. Didn't stay that long but great while they were here.

Richard Gough - one of the best centre backs I've ever seen play for us. Classy and hard as nails.

Peter Beardsley - an absolute magician of a player.

Nigel Martyn - just a great, reliable keeper, would've been England number 1 if it wasn't for Seamen.

Just a few of that spring to mind.

I know we've had some duds too!

Actually take Martyn over Seamen every day of the week. Seamen was solid but massively overrated.
It's Seaman, not Seamen...SeamAn

Pat Jennings (technically)
Talking of end of career goalkeepers who signed and never played for Everton, there was also Marcus Hahnemann.
1702119472503.png

Alan McInally. Plus you could say that technically, Sigurdsson ended his career with us. (Yes, I know he just joined some Danish no-marks, but that isn't relevant to the tenuous point I'm trying to make...)

100% agree. Just didn't play for a fashionable club. Weird the way some players have these elevated England careers and some are never really given a chance.
I remember watching Gough warm up pre-match at Goodison and he was kneeling on the floor, bending himself double, like he was made out of elastic. Must have been one of the the fittest players we’ve ever had.

Martyn should have been England’s No 1. He was better than Seaman, and he didn’t have a rubbish ponytail either.
Badloaf, I thought Richard Gough had a great first season with us but hardly played the second season because of injuries!

Status
Not open for further replies.