Player Ratings Vs Sunderland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraders

Player Valuation: £60m
Starting XI

Howard - 7 - Clean sheet, some great saves at the end
Baines - 7 - Good attacking play today well done!
Distin - 6 - Looking solid, although not back to his best just yet
Heitinga - 7 - Solid again from the nutter, some good long range passes
Neville - 5 - Did his job at the back but didn't offer much up front
Pienaar - 5 - Didn't do enough for me
Osman - 6 - Played well, had his moments, forced a good save!
Fellaini - 8 - (MOTM) Excellent again in the defensive role, broke up everything and set up Cahill
Cahill - 8 - Scored, slowly getting back on form!
Donovan - 8 - Scored, continued to play well and provided a nice balance in the team again. Unlucky not to get his second!
Saha- 6 - Held the ball up well but doesn't seem to want to shoot

Subs:

Vaughan, Anichebe, Arteta - 5 - None of them did anything special but they barely had the ball in all fairness, but didn't do anything wrong.

Starting XI

Fellaini - 8 - (MOTM) Excellent again in the defensive role, broke up everything and set up Cahill
Donovan - 8 - Scored, continued to play well and provided a nice balance in the team again. Unlucky not to get his second!

Subs:

Vaughan, Anichebe, Arteta - 5 - None of them did anything special but they barely had the ball in all fairness, but didn't do anything wrong.

Bit unfair on osman and distin who both did very well tonight i thought.

Starting XI

Subs:

agree about pienaar, its disappointing to see him go missing right as we're getting our full-strength together. i'm sure it was just an off day, once he's on form with the rest, i won't envy our opponents

i thought you were a little generous to saha, virtually anonymous in the first half, definitely not good enough. hopefully its an off-day for him as well.

agree about pienaar, its disappointing to see him go missing right as we're getting our full-strength together. i'm sure it was just an off day, once he's on form with the rest, i won't envy our opponents

i thought you were a little generous to saha, virtually anonymous in the first half, definitely not good enough. hopefully its an off-day for him as well.

Yeah, Pienaar and Saha were off by their standards today, but could just be a blip.

PS. Villa 0-0 Arsenal is on before us on MOTD :dodgy:

Distin was a 7 tonight and possibly and 8.

He was all over the place...and I mean that in a good way.

Donovan out of my fantasy premierleague team and he scores. Pienaar in and he plays poor. Had Saha in my teM for a while aswell.

Howard 5, Kept a clean sheet and made a couple of good saves. spreads panic in the defence as he will not leave his line to command the area, takes to long to throw the ball out and usuall ends up kicking long.

Neville 5, nothing but long aimless balls usually to the oppostition.

Baines 7, some good attacking runs and link up with pienaar. to much hoofing in the second half.

Distin 7, pretty solid in defence but has no composure on the ball and hoofs it straight back to the other team.

Hetinga 7, as distin but distrbution a little better

piennar 7, didn't get to involved as the ball was usually 20ft over his head, when he did is the time we looked dangerous.

Fellaini 8, man of the match. i can only remember him loosing out in the tackle twice.

Osman 6, one of those games for ossie, nothing come off for him looked very light weight.

Donavon 7, scored his first goal and was unlucky not to get a second, must be hard to get involved with neville miss kicking the ball over his head all game.

Cahill 7, scored and ran around alot.

saha 6, some great control, holds on to the ball to long at times. must be getting fed up with the service he gets.

Subs
Arteta, didn't get a chance as our players were to busy passing to sunderland.

vaughn, runs alot

vic, nice cushioned header.

Moyes 4, We are back to hoof ball and as tim cahill said in his post match interview he is a target man for louis. this is moyes tactics and we give the ball away to easily. subs, keeps replacing players and somehow manages to mess the shape of the team up every time. maybe he should come and sit in the park end as he obviously can't see the shape of the team from the dug out.

A 2-0 win, but against better opposition we would have been punished. its like arsenal and man city never happened.

Howard 8 - Clean sheet, two top drawer saves

Neville 5 - OK defensively, offers little going forward

Baines 6 - Typical rampaging game, not much joy though

Distin 7 - His best game for us so far

Hetinga 7 - Solid, reads the game very well, couyld do with taking 30 yards off the passes though

Pienaar 6 - Quiet, but still effective

Fellaini 8 - Another barnstormer, man of the match

Osman 7 - Very busy, always in the right place, very underrated player

Donovan 7 - Like Pienaar, quietly effective, got no support from Neville again

Cahill 8 - Must be a nightmare for opposition defenses, gave Sunderland no end of trouble

Saha 6 - Lonely task last night after the first 30 minutes. Tough job but someone's got to do it. I'd have brought Vaughan on sooner.

Moyes 4, We are back to hoof ball and as tim cahill said in his post match interview he is a target man for louis. this is moyes tactics and we give the ball away to easily.

A 2-0 win, but against better opposition we would have been punished. its like arsenal and man city never happened.

Disagree. A midweek game against a poor enough side, I'm sure it's not as easy to get going as it would be on a Saturday but the lads did what they needed to do to win. Sure the ball spent a lot of time in the air, but it spent an equal amount of time being knocked about between Pienaar, Fellaini & Baines. And when you've a threat as potent as Cahill, particularly against a young centre half making his debut, why not use it? Spot on from Moyes in my opinion.

cahill was only worth a 6 last night very poor apart from the goal and should have been replaced instead of donovan.
moyes is running our boys into the ground again and certain players needed resting.
i always feel that moyes will never take off nev or cahill unless they break their leg.

Some of those marks (above) - pure fiction

Howard 7
Neville 6.5
Heitinga 7
Distin 7 - the centre halves kept Bent and Jones out of harms way!
Baines 7
Pienaar 6.5 (but faded badly)
Osman 7.5
Fellaini 8
Donovan 7.5
Saha 6
Cahill 7

No one had a bad game - therefore 6-8s - no one was outstanding. If you want to be super critical - we missed opportunities to put daylight between us and Sunderland - chief culprit Louis Saha - not at his best at the moment. Given that Tim Howard barely had anything to do for 80 minutes then the credit for that ought to go to those in front of him..

The Osman criticism is the usual local boy bashing rubbish! He had a decent game.

Last edited:
and thats that;)
We all see the game differently Dan, out of 90+ mins it is impossible to remember the whole match, so we all remember bits. you might remember some things other people different bits of the game.

So come on and give your opinion, but don't tell people they are wrong because you don't agree.

and thats that;)
We all see the game differently Dan, out of 90+ mins it is impossible to remember the whole match, so we all remember bits. you might remember some things other people different bits of the game.

So come on and give your opinion, but don't tell people they are wrong because you don't agree.

i agree for me howard was man of the match

Status
Not open for further replies.