Pl Games on Amazon prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can watch every NFL game I want whenever I want for a reasonable annual fee.

If I can’t make the Everton game and it’s on at 3 I cannot legally watch it yet people in Qatar, Russia, Canada etc. can. The sooner this stops the better.

The blackout is there for a reason, to protect football attendances and football culture. We don’t need non-stop football

The blackout is there for a reason, to protect football attendances and football culture. We don’t need non-stop football
It doesn’t work like that though does it? People go the game because they want to go the game and it’s been passed down generations in their families.

There will be hundreds of thousands of fans up and down the country just like me who for whatever reason have had to forego/unable to get a season ticket for whatever reason and only make the games they can (mainly aways in my case). A big percentage of these fans will find some dodgy way of watching the game on telly anyway.

All I could envisage getting rid of the blackout doing is stopping a few Surrey day trippers going to places like Anfield and Old Trafford and maybe even forcing Arsenal to stop charging £1500 to watch their bang average team play every other week.

Not sure it’s just Bayern .

Things and times change. When the football league was founded it was only Northern clubs that belonged, those in the South pled their trade primarily in the Southern League and as amateurs.
Then the FL was the professional game then along came thePremier League.
We had The European Cup but along came the Champions league .
Change happens often driven by money and the riches on offer would be compelling for owners who

It doesn’t work like that though does it? People go the game because they want to go the game and it’s been passed down generations in their families.

There will be hundreds of thousands of fans up and down the country just like me who for whatever reason have had to forego/unable to get a season ticket for whatever reason and only make the games they can (mainly aways in my case). A big percentage of these fans will find some dodgy way of watching the game on telly anyway.

All I could envisage getting rid of the blackout doing is stopping a few Surrey day trippers going to places like Anfield and Old Trafford and maybe even forcing Arsenal to stop charging £1500 to watch their bang average team play every other week.

It’s not about Premier League teams, it’s about lower level football tht is directly impacted by Premier League teams being on TV. They’re already struggling thanks to the obsession with top flight football

DAZN in DE/CH/AT basically just shows whatever Sky Sports are showing in the UK. And they have lost the rights as of next season, it’s back to Sky Sports Germany.

Seems that DAZN Canada have got the rights for Premier League for 3 years starting in August though. But from what I read online it's notoriously difficult to find a VPN that works with DAZN, theyre very good at blocking them apparently? Plus they make it very hard to pay from within another country.

Last edited:

It does work like that though. Plenty of lower league sides get a noticeably larger crowd when the local PL team are playing away. I go to Prescot Cables and depending who out of Everton & RS are at home you see different lads there different weeks - a lot of people have a lower league side to go and watch the same way Everton & RS fans would go and watch whoever was playing at home years ago.

If the Cables game clashes with a TV broadcast of either side then it does have a noticeable impact on attendane - sometimes as much as 40-50% depending on the game.

A lot can't be arsed with watching on often iffy streams and prefer a few drinks and a live match 10 minutes walk down the road. Many would no doubt stay in on a Saturday afternoon and watch an official broadcast.

I think in the future the football will be on streaming services like Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney Plus, even if it means that the regions are restricted so you get limited number of games in the UK, or the games at 3pm kick off are not made available till 5pm to watch

I'd love a redzone service like they have for the NFL, where you see action from every game they cut between grounds depending on what's going on.

I'd love a redzone service like they have for the NFL, where you see action from every game they cut between grounds depending on what's going on.

They do that for champions league and europa league nights on BT sport. I think it works really well

Status
Not open for further replies.