Pienaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conway_West_

Player Valuation: £50k
He gets [Poor language removed] for being slow but at the end of the day he might be our most underrated player. Links up with Baines really well and is one of our most creative players in my opinion. Thoughts?

He gets [Poor language removed] for being slow but at the end of the day he might be our most underrated player. Links up with Baines really well and is one of our most creative players in my opinion. Thoughts?
Not because he's slow, because he under-hits everything. Hope he gets his form back, he was one of my favs until last season.

He's a good player when on form (don't think he was particularly great last year), but as I've said on countless occasions it's a position where we need to improve. He's never going to weigh in with 10 goals and 10 assists, when you're playing with one up top that's a bit of an issue.

He may begin to show his age soon but what a player to be able to call on for squad backup.

Also has proven that he likes us, as per his returning goal celebrations v Chelsea 11/02/12 and his emotional final interview that season, when he was hoping for a permanent return.

Braided bass talking boss Christian (copyright @chicoazul 2012)

One of our cleverest players, legs are going a bit, but hes nowhere near past it, think he;d be boss as a backup number 10 at times.

Also he makes baines a better player by covering him defensively and linking up in attack

He's slow pacewise but not in his head or in his feet. He's fantastic at collecting the ball on the half turn and starting attacks. Could be very useful if we play a counter attacking style he could help us to move up the pitch quicker and find the ball to play into faster players i.e Mirallas, McGeady, Atsu, Lukaku. If all our players were speed merchants who have a tendency to be greedy or play the wrong final ball then I doubt we'd be as effective going forward, that's why we need Pienaar.

As stated, he's no longer the quickest player in the world. Yet, he's still pretty nimble / agile as has good, technical feet.

If Martinez feels ball retention and clever, controlled passing is required in a certain game, he'll most likely get some time.

In games where we are looking for pace and movement, he'll most likely be warming the bench.

Arguably, a rather good squad player to have.

He just seemed faster with long hair.

Like the blur Road Runner left behind when he bolted.

Intense football debate, this.

Status
Not open for further replies.