Transfer Rumour Philippe Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from being Brazilian and having the odd spectacular goal, he adds nothing to our midfield.

We lack a certain type of player, he is much of the same

Genuinely flabbergasted at comments like this. Its all about adding as much to the squad so we havent got to rely on lets face it mid table players. We play 19 games at home and we're currently relying on your alex iwobis as part of the squad. We've struggled at home because of this. Its rodriguez and thats it.
Squad quality options is vital.

I know it’s only a rumour but seeing so many who don’t rate him is mind blowing. If he’s anything like he was when he left it’s an absolute no brainier. He’s top draw, simple as that.
He is and we need a squad with depth. Carlo likes to rotate, so having more quality players is absolutely required.

You only have to look at our bench in Feb/March to see we need greater depth.

I know it’s only a rumour but seeing so many who don’t rate him is mind blowing. If he’s anything like he was when he left it’s an absolute no brainier. He’s top draw, simple as that.

I'm very sceptical this will go ahead but just from a point when James is tired or injured if you can replace with someone like Coutinho then that can't be bad.

Still a big if though. 3 years of injuries and hardly playing. He’s 29 in a couple of months and would likely want to be our highest earner.

Genuinely flabbergasted at comments like this. Its all about adding as much to the squad so we havent got to rely on lets face it mid table players. We play 19 games at home and we're currently relying on your alex iwobis as part of the squad. We've struggled at home because of this. Its rodriguez and thats it.
Squad quality options is vital.

So is keeping our wage bill sustainable. There’s no way we can have someone on his wedge as part of a squad option.

Still scored 8 goals for Bundesliga this season. You'd think the way people are talking about him, he's basically shaqiri. Shaqiri is the poor man's coutinho.

Anybody turning their nose up at this need to give their head a wobble! He was unplayable for a couple of years at the RS! If he can recover that form, we’ll be right up there!

So is keeping our wage bill sustainable. There’s no way we can have someone on his wedge as part of a squad option.

Only if the deal is right. If he wants telephone numbers we obviously reject it. But the comments are more about the player. He wouldnt be the be all and end all but him along with another 2/3 is a huge step in a better direction.
Need to get away from this just first 11 mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.