Transfer Rumour Philippe Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trending on twitter again with chatter we have agreed terms. Cant see where its originated from though. Nobody reliable as far as I can see

If Brands can get the price down to 10 maaaybe 15mil I'll give him the go ahead. BUT anything near 30mil is a disgrace.

Would be a great signing

but as always half the forum is negative and happy to watch Davies and Delph

I’ve grown up watching Ian Marshall, Brett Angel and Carl Tiler
Some people are never pleased
In terms of talent he's very good and leagues above the likes of Bernard, but:
* its a rumour circulated by the bad rag
* he's been injured for about 4 months
* will be 29 in the summer
* supposed cost of 35-40m

I don't mind having some older players but I'd be a bit cautious spending 35m on one while we are already have quite an old core we can't plan for the long-term with.
IF it were to happen I wouldn't be against it, but the club's scouts really need to pull their fingers out and start finding some youngish (~20) talent to bring in, too.

Would be a great signing

Apart from being Brazilian and having the odd spectacular goal, he adds nothing to our midfield.

We lack a certain type of player, he is much of the same

He’s nowhere near world class, he was not as good as people think he was at the RS. He’d show up for some games and disappear for others.

I’m glad we’re going the stat route though, I remember hearing this over Gylfi
According to transfermarkt (though I’ve been informed they’re not always 100% correct).

in 152 premier league Games for the RS Coutinho had 41 goals and 37 assists. That’s a better than 1 in 2 goal or assist rate per game. Very very good.

In 312 premier league Games (for 3 different clubs) Gylfi has 67 goals and 51 assists. That‘s just over 1 goal or assist every 3 games. Still good, but not as good as Coutinho.

The whole „goes missing“ argument is fine and good. But all players go missing sometimes. Lukaku sometimes went missing, but he’s still one of the best players (if not the best) to play for us in the premier league era. James goes missing occasionally, but he still improves our team considerably.

The stats show Coutinho was a very consistent performer in the premier league. In my opinion he’d be a good addition for us. Can’t see it happening though.

It seems to me that he left LFC and disappeared. If there is even a sniff of the player he used to be left in that oft-injured body, he might be worth a gamble.... but it will be a gamble.

Would be a great signing

Or, you know, it could be that he isn't at all what is needed, on enormous wages, and slow. Oh, also no idea if he could play in the league again since he is now 29 and he wasn't that good when he was here either.

I’d have him just for the occasional wordlie he scores. Not that fussed about sell on or age. We need to get into europe on a regular basis and we need to win something. This type of player turns games, so if it means spending tons of cash and making us a more interesting proposition to younger more up and coming starts, then so be it. I think a lot of the lads on here need to remember that because we think we have history and pedigree, doesnt mean that these young European stars know it. They would know of the successful teams in each league, and likely only because of any success in Europe as a result of them winning domestic silverware. very few of them would know of us because we are also rans and have been for a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.